||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Replaced by [Holy Word: Sanctify].
Holy Word: Sanctuary is a priest Holy Word, a Holy specialization ability. It is an area of effect smart-healing spell, gained through the [Chakra: Sanctuary] state, replacing [Holy Word: Chastise].
- As of Patch 5.4.0, Holy Word: Sanctuary functions as a 'smart heal', healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range. This appears to contradict the ability's tooltip, which may simply not have been changed to reflect its new functionality.
- Does not target minor guardians, such as [Wild Imps], Bloodworms or snakes from [Snake Trap].
Patches and hotfixes
- Now costs 2.5% base mana (down from 3.8% base mana).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Mana cost reduced to 3.8% (down from 6.3%), and now functions like a smart heal, healing the 6 most injured friendly targets within range, and minor guardians are no longer targeted (Wild Imps, Bloodworms, Snakes from Snake Traps, etc.). There has been no change to the total amount of healing granted by the ability.
- Hotfix (2011-04-27): "Holy Word: Sanctuary should now properly benefit from Echo of Light."
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Holy Word: Sanctuary healing done has been increased by 35%. In addition, it has a new spell effect.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Holy Word: Sanctuary: now has a diminished effect when healing more than 6 players at once.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.