Holy Wrath is a level 100 Retribution paladin talent. It deals 200% of missing health as Holy damage to 4 nearby enemies, up to 120% of the paladin's maximum health. This effectively caps the damage at 60% of missing health in PvE.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now deals 200% of your missing health in damage to 4 nearby enemies, up to 120% of your maximum health.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned to a Retribution talent.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Damage has been increased by 100%, and its cooldown increased to 15 seconds (up from 9 seconds).
- Hotfix (2012-12-03): "Damage dealt by Holy Wrath now scales properly with Attack Power and Spell Power."
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Holy Wrath now deals 100% more damage."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Protection specialization ability. New icon.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer uses ranks. Affected by new talents, along with the new resource Holy Power.
- Hotfix (2009-09-09): "We just deployed a hotfix to modify Holy Wrath so this spell has the same diminishing return mechanics that other player stun spells and abilities currently have. This will prevent Undead creatures that we wish to be susceptible to stun from being permanently stunned if you include enough Paladins in your raid who then rotate their Holy Wrath casts.This will affect the difficulty of Anub'arak, but we didn't want the "right way" to defeat this fight to involve bringing five Paladins who glyphed their Holy Wrath spell."
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): : This item now increases the damage on Holy Wrath and instead of decreasing their mana cost.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Now actually shoots bolts as per spell description.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Judgement renamed Holy Wrath. Moved to level 50.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now has a short cast time.