Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- "Honor Point" redirects here. For the unnamed location in Hellfire Peninsula referred to as Honor Point, see Honor Point (Hellfire Peninsula).
- Honor Points
- Earned as a reward for Battlegrounds and other types of PvP and used to purchase powerful PvP armor and weapons.
- Total Maximum: 4000
Honor Points are the lower-level currency rewarded for participating in PvP encounters in the form of battlegrounds and Honorable Kills. The upper-level PvP currency, gained from rated battlegrounds and arena matches, is awarded in the form of . The cap for Honor Points is 4000.
As of patch 4.0.6, the PvP rewards requiring level 70 and below are quite cheap, and battlegrounds can be an effective means of gearing up, even for players who do not focus on PvP. The level 80 items have been discounted by 25-40%.
Heirloom PvP equipment is among the most powerful PvP gear available from levels 1-80, but it is even more expensive than level 85 introductory gear.
With patch 7.0.3, Honor was functionally removed as a currency but still is provided has the experience for the Prestige level system. With patch 8.0.1, the honor is now just the experience for the Honor level, removing the prestige levels.
- 1 Source
- 2 Spending Honor Points
- 2.1 Warsong Gulch vendors: Levels 18-60
- 2.2 Arathi Basin vendors: Levels 28-60
- 2.3 Alterac Valley vendors: Levels 55-60
- 2.4 Capital vendors: Heirlooms and levels 60-85
- 2.5 Goblin vendors: Levels 70-85
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Conversion of previous currencies
- 5 Patches and hotfixes
- 6 See also
- 7 External links
- Honorable kills
- Tol Barad: Attackers earn 360, defenders earn 180 on victory
- Players belonging to the faction that controls Wintergrasp are awarded 7 Honor Points for each Wrath of the Lich King 5-player heroic mode dungeon boss killed.
Spending Honor Points
- Main article: PvP Rewards
Honor points can be spent at several locations. End-game rewards are sold in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, Dalaran, and Tanaris. Lower-level rewards can also be found at the respective vendors for Warsong Gulch, Arathi Basin, and Alterac Valley; Netherstorm; Venture Bay and Wintergrasp.
Warsong Gulch vendors: Levels 18-60
The Warsong Gulch vendors sell PvP rewards with minimum level requirements between 18 and 60.
- Illiyana Moonblaze is located in Silverwing Grove in Ashenvale.
- Kelm Hargunth is located in Mor'shan Base Camp in Northern Barrens
Arathi Basin vendors: Levels 28-60
The Arathi Basin vendors sell PvP rewards with minimum level requirements between 28 and 60.
- Samuel Hawke <League of Arathor Supply Officer> is located near the Alliance Arathi Basin battleground entrance in Arathi Highlands.
- Rutherford Twing <Defilers Supply Officer> can be found outside the Horde Arathi Basin battleground entrance in Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands.
Alterac Valley vendors: Levels 55-60
The Alterac Valley vendors sell PvP rewards with minimum level requirements between 55 and 60.
- Thanthaldis Snowgleam is located in Alterac Mountains.
- Gaelden Hammersmith is located in Alterac Valley.
- Grunnda Wolfheart is located in Alterac Valley.
- Jekyll Flandring is located in Hillsbrad Foothills.
Capital vendors: Heirlooms and levels 60-85
Honor Point vendors located in Stormwind and Orgrimmar sell PvP rewards which are, or were at one time, end-game PvP equipment.
Orgrimmar Honor Point Vendors
The Orgrimmar honor point vendors are located in the Hall of Legends .
- Raider Bork, War Mount Quartermaster, sells PVP mounts.
- Stone Guard Zarg, Legacy Weapon Quartermaster, sells level 60 epic weapons and off-hand items (but no shield).
- First Sergeant Hola'mahi, Legacy Armor Quartermaster, sells level 60, 70, and 80 rare and epic armor sets, along with necklaces, rings, and trinkets.
- Brave Stonehide, Accessories Quartermaster, sells miscellaneous PvP rewards and consumables.
- Rogoc, Honor Trade Goods, sells Cataclysm crafting materials.
- Galra, Honor Heirlooms, sells heirloom trinkets, shoulders, ranged, and weapons that scale from level 1-80.
- Blood Guard Zar'shi, Honor Quartermaster, sells rare-quality level 85 PvP items.
Stormwind Honor Point Vendors
The Stormwind honor point vendors are located in the Champion's Hall .
- Lieutenant Karter, War Mount Quartermaster, sells PVP mounts.
- Lieutenant Jackspring , Legacy Weapon Quartermaster, sells level 60 epic weapons and off-hand items (but no shield).
- Sergeant Major Clate, Legacy Armor Quartermaster, sells level 60, 70, and 80 rare and epic armor sets, along with relics, rings, and trinkets.
- Master Sergeant Biggins, Accessories Quartermaster, sells miscellaneous PvP rewards and consumables.
- Edlan Halsing , Honor Trade Goods, sells Cataclysm crafting materials.
- Liliana Emberfrost, Honor Heirlooms, sells heirloom trinkets, shoulders, ranged, and weapons that scale from level 1-80.
- Knight-Lieutenant T'Maire Sydes, Honor Quartermaster, sells rare-quality level 85 PvP items.
Goblin vendors: Levels 70-85
Goblin vendors are located in neutral territories, and sell to both Horde and Alliance. They sell end-game PvP equipment as well as older top level gear.
Tanaris Honor Point Vendors
The Tanaris honor point vendors are located in Gadgetzan .
- Vixton Pinchwhistle, Legacy Arena Armor, sells level 70 and level 80 armor.
- Blazzek the Biter, Legacy Arena Weapons, sells level 70 and level 80 weapons.
- Ecton Brasstumbler, Honor Quartermaster, sells rare-quality level 85 PvP items.
Dalaran Honor Point Vendors
The Dalaran honor point vendors are located in the Underbelly .
- Blazik Fireclaw, Legacy Arena Armor, sells level 70 and level 80 armor.
- Trapjaw Rix, Legacy Arena Weapons, sells level 70 and level 80 weapons.
- Zom Bocom, Honor Quartermaster, sells rare-quality level 85 PvP items.
Netherstorm Honor Point Vendor
The Netherstorm honor point vendor is located in Area 52 .
- Kezzik the Striker, Gladiator, Merciless, and Vengeful Gear, sells level 70 gear.
Honor Points can be used to purchase the lower-level PvP gear for the current season.
As of Season 14, Honor Points can be used to purchase Season 13's Tyranical Gladiator items.
Conversion of previous currencies
Much like with old PvE currencies (badges of justice and emblems), old PvP currencies (including the pre-4.0.1 Honor points), were immediately converted to the new honor points in patch 4.0.1 at the following ratios:
|Old currency||1x Old currency in Honor Points||1x Honor Point in old currency|
|Pre-4.0 Honor point||0.024||41.667|
|Pre-4.0 Arena point||0.85||1.176|
|Battleground Mark of Honor||2.976||0.336|
The normal cap of honor points is 4,000 (paralleling Justice Points). If players were granted more than 4,000 honor points as a result of this one-time conversion, they were unable to earn any more until the excess had been spent.
In Patch 4.0.3, any honor points in excess of 4,000 were immediately converted to gold at a rate of 35 per honor point.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): and have been removed as a currency.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "The item level of Mists of Pandaria gear that is purchased with Honor Points has been lowered from 464 to 458. As a result, the quality color of these items has been changed from Epic to Rare. However, the PvP Power and PvP resilience of these items has been increased significantly so these items retain their previous degree of effectiveness in PvP."
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Hard cap of 4,000 Honor Points enforced.
- Patch 4.0.3 (2010-11-16): Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Honor has been adjusted completely. Any activity which yields Honor will now award much less. The Honor cost of items has been reduced to compensate.