Hook of the Master Angler
Hook of the Master Angler turns you into a fish! It is a reward for winning the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza by turning in the quest .
|Movement type||yd/sec||Run %||Swim %|
|Normal swimming with Swift Landing
|Most aquatic mounts||7.5556||107.94%||160%|
Shimmerscale Diving Suit
|on most aquatic mounts||18.8889||269.84%||400%|
- The type of fish you turn into is a frenzy, the Warcraft version of a piranha.
- Has a 30 second cooldown after equipping before it can be used. After this, it has no cooldown.
- Consumes no mana to transform, since the item does the transformation and works for all classes.
- (unlike druid seal form, which can be temporarily unavailable to a druid who is too low on mana.)
- When you shift into fish form, you regain your breath as if you were above water. It'll typically take a few seconds to regain your breath.
- While not as fast as a druids aquatic form, a druid must drop aquatic form to drink a , whereas you can use the such a potion without breaking the "Fish Form". Travel speed (percentage of normal running speed) with a Swim Speed Potion is 156%. However, a druid using , is still faster.
- If you are a Rogue it should be noted that you can underwater first, then use the trinket which does not break your (useful for going afk underwater).
- Like the druid's Aquatic Form, if you are transformed into a fish and jump out of the water at the surface, even if you immediately dive back into the water, your buff will automatically dispel itself.
- Does not stack with the larger bonus from .
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The former 5-second cooldown was removed and the increase in swim speed was increased from 25% to 35%.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Added.