87 (Requires 86)
Ask Gardener Fran, Gai Lan, and Den Mudclaw for hops.
With Li Li fetching grain, and Mudmug handling our water, all we need is hops, and some good wood barrels. I'll handle the barrels... but I need you to gather the hops.
I don't know much about the hops from this land, but I'm sure the nearby farmers have something worth brewing with. Go see what you can rustle up.
After talking with the farmers, it seems like they all will be willing to part with some hops... provided that you help them out some way in return.
- 129000 XP
Head north out of Halfhill up the path to run across Mudmug. Turn in and pick up from him. Do his quest, pick up the followup, , then keep heading north to the Heartland to find Gardener Fran. She offers a quest, but first speak to her:
- May the road rise to meet you, traveler.
- What brings you here?
- I'm helping a friend brew some beer, and we need hops. Do you have any to spare?
- Gardener Fran says: Nothing is free, <race>. You want hops, you need to work.
- Virmen! Gah! Their numbers are endless!
- Do you have any hops you can spare?
- Den Mudclaw says: You'll have to ask Mung-Mung about that. He maintains our foodstores.
- Mung-Mung says: You say you want hops? No problem. You kill virmen for me. Mung-Mung send some hops to Halfhill for you.
Keep heading to the southwest in the Heartland to find Gai Lan. Speak to him:
- I'm keeping my fields fallow this season. A wise farmer knows when the land needs to rest.
- Can I buy some hops from you?
- Gai Lan says: Would that I could, <class>, but I have a bit of a weed problem. Say... you wouldn't be willing to help out, would you?
This quest completes automatically after talking to the third farmer.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.