- For Skeletal horse mounts, see Skeletal horse mounts.
- 1 Stormwind Horse Breeders Quotes
- 2 Factional mounts: Apprentice
- 3 Factional mounts: Journeyman
- 4 Gilneas Mountain Horses
- 5 Class specific mounts
- 6 Other Horse mounts
- 7 References
Stormwind Horse Breeders Quotes
- Neutral non-human
- Sorry, but I am not disposed to sell horses to any individual who is not considered to be at least exalted to the Kingdom of Stormwind. These steeds are the finest you'll find anywhere, and we certainly wouldn't want them in the hands of our enemies.
- Not saying you're an enemy, of course... just earn the trust of Stormwind and then we can do business.
- Friendly and above non-human
- Years of quality breeding techniques and plenty of care allow me the privilege of showing you these horses! Please, take your time as you consider them for your mount. A horse is a companion for the ages, friend. Don't sell yourself short - get your steed here today!
Factional mounts: Apprentice
You can purchase these mounts from several vendors:
- <Horse Breeder> at Theramore Isle in Dustwallow Marsh
- <Horse Breeder> at the Eastvale Logging Camp in Elwynn Forest
- <Horse Breeder> outside Old Town in Stormwind City
- <Horse Breeder> in Menethil Harbor in the Wetlands
Factional mounts: Journeyman
Gilneas Mountain Horses
In addition to the horses of Stormwind, patch 4.3.0 brought about two new horses for the people of Gilneas, purchasable from <Mountain Horse Handler> in Darnassus, just outside the Howling Oak. If you are playing as any race other than worgen, you will also need to have Exalted reputation with Gilneas.
These horses have several differences from that of the Stormwind horse mounts. Mountain horses are slightly larger than the other horse mounts, and do not rear up and neigh for their mount special. Instead, mountain horses lean down to graze. They do not have saddles, and have slightly touched up model skins.
Class specific mounts
Human, dwarf, and blood elf paladins gain the ability to summon a warhorse (apprentice level mount) at level 20, and a Charger (Journeyman level mount) at level 40. (Draenei and tauren paladins get different mounts.)
Alliance Warhorse (Humans, dwarves)
Thalassian Warhorse (Blood elves)
Alliance Charger (Humans, dwarves)
Thalassian Charger (Blood elves)
Paladins of all races are able to acquire additional mounts:
Other Horse mounts
Completing any of the Veteran of the Alliance Achievements will send you the Vicious War Steed via mail from King Varian Wrynn.
- Prestigious War Steed.jpg
A number of different horses can be purchased from the Argent Tournament, each with different requirements.
The human quartermaster to the Argent Tournament offers the Swift Gray Steed and the Stormwind Steed. You must have completed or be a human to gain access to this quartermaster.
offers the Argent Warhorse to people who have attained the rank of <Crusader>. As noted previously, she also offers the Argent Charger to Paladins with that title.
Horse mounts as loot
A number of horse mounts are available as loot items from various places.
The Fiery Warhorse is looted from in Karazhan.
The Horseman's Reins is a rare drop from during Hallow's End.
- Midnight's Eternal Reins.jpg
The is a supernatural warhorse, the first mount directly purchasable from Blizzard, for $25US or €20/£17, and scales with the player's riding skill and location.
is a mount rewarded from winning 3 games in Play or Arena mode in an ongoing promotion in Hearthstone.
is an Alliance mount included in World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Collector's Edition and World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Digital Deluxe Edition.
Players that signed up in 2011 for the World of Warcraft Annual Pass received as one of the additional bonuses a winged horse called .
can be purchased from in Dalaran for 5000 . The vendor is only available during WotLK timewalking events.
- Ironbound Wraithcharger.jpg