|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
A house cat is a small type of feline that is seen around some NPCs and most of which can be purchased as companions from Donni Anthania in the Elwynn Forest. One type can be purchased from Lil Timmy in Stormwind. After centuries of domestication, these furry critters inhabit nearly every human nation in the Eastern Kingdoms.
As of Patch 5.0.4, all house cats will now meow when clicked.
- Sold by Donni Anthania <Crazy Cat Lady>
- A black cat with golden eyes.
- A cat colored with splotches of orange and white, with dark yellow eyes.
- An orange cat with deeper orange stripes and golden eyes.
- A silver cat with black stripes and yellow-green eyes.
- Sold by Lil Timmy
- A small white cat with golden eyes. Sold by Lil Timmy, a rare spawn in Stormwind, for 60.
- This cat is a rare sight for members of the Horde, due to the difficulty of obtaining one. One would have to buy it from an Alliance member on the neutral Auction House, and can often sell even for amazingly high 1000, despite its low purchase cost.
- Sold by Breanni
- Calico Cat
- A black cat with white fur underneath and orange splotches on top and yellow-green eyes.
- Sold by Dealer Rashaad <Exotic Creatures>
- A black cat with glowing green eyes, wearing a witches hat and riding a broom.
- This cat is sold only during Hallow's End for 150
- Sold by Nigel Rifthold
- Dropped by any mob found in the Hillsbrad Foothills.
- The Black Tabby was a rare pet for Alliance players, before the Cataclysm, when they only dropped from Dalaran Spellscribes. Dalaran mobs are friendly to the Alliance and could not be attacked. Also, the Dalaran Spellscribe herself was a rare mob.
- Prior to Patch 1.6, this cat was known as the Maine Coon, but this was changed because the game's Profanity Filter censored the word "coon" for also being a derogatory term for people of African descent.
- The Jade Tiger was given to players on Chinese realms who logged in during their Jade Tiger giveaway. It awards the Feat of Strength . Later added as a reward choice to the Recruit-A-Friend program.
In the RPG
Many cats cross into the Emerald Dream on a regular basis. While their bodies sleep, their twitching paws and quivering whiskers signify they are quite active once they cross between planes. Cats prefer to sneak up on their prey. The common housecat can climb, jump, and even balance well. They are able to hide well in areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth. They are often found on temperate plains. Many are either domesticated or solitary.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Model updated.