85 (Requires 85)
+250 Guardians of Hyjal
Use Tholo's Thermometer to measure the temperature of the three large lava pools on Fireplume Peak.
- Northwestern Lava Pool sampled
- Northeastern Lava Pool sampled
- Central Lava Pool sampled
The fire hawks of Fireplume Peak can withstand incredible temperatures. While you'll often find them circling the skies above, they're also known to swim in molten lava.
Isn't that right, Anren?
We'd like to know just how hot that lava can get. Fireplume Peak has three large lava pools. Use this to measure the temperature of each.
Isn't Tholo great?
These results will go a long way to help us understand the fire hawks, and - more importantly - Alysrazor, their new, fiery queen.
Tholo and I are thankful that you've been helping us out.
You will receive:
- 69400 XP (or 16 54 at max level)
- +250 reputation with Guardians of Hyjal
Pick up the other dailies in the area before heading out.
Getting across to the Fireplume Peak involves platforming across floating rocks that will break apart on occasion. Not all is lost if players misjudge a jump, however, as a friendly druid of the talon will save hapless players from falling to their deaths before dropping them off on Fireplume Peak:
- Druid of the Talon says: You're far too important to us to be lost that easily.
- Tholo's Thermometer is ready to take a sample.
If you try at one that the emote does not show up, you will get:
- Tholo's Thermometer shows no reading here.
Gather info from the three pools, finish up other tasks, then head back to base. To get back to the mainland, head to the southeast side of the island, where atis a thermal vent that will launch back that direction.
Anren and Tholo, however, have relocated back to Malfurion's Breach, so keep questing out here and up at Ragnaros' Reach before returning to the breach.
- — unlocks a daily quest chain:
- 1 -or- 1 (unlocked by )
- Fireplume Peak dailies: Two of:
- (unlocked by )
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Added.