Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-03-29): "Howling Blast will now correctly deal its area damage if it kills the primary target."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 50%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Howling Blast damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Direct damage reduced by 50%, AoE damage reduced by 57.5%.
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 20% more damage.
- Hotfix (2013-10-03): "Death and Decay, Howling Blast, and Pestilence should no longer incorrectly grant a radius bonus when cast while the Death Knight is moving."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now deals 15% more damage.
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Howling Blast had its area-of-effect splash damage equal to 50% of the damage taken by the primary target (down from 65%)."
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 8% more damage to the primary target. Damage to other enemies in the area-of-effect remains unchanged.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Howling Blast and Unholy Blight now properly spread their diseases to the primary target as well as other targets within range."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Range increased from 20 to 30 yd. Now also infects all targets with Frost Fever.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Damage has been increased by 20%. To compensate, the area-of-effect splash now does 50% of the single-target damage, down from 60%. The net result of this change leaves the area-of-effect damage roughly the same as 4.0.6 numbers. In addition, Howling Blast now has a facing requirement.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Cost reduced to one frost rune, down from one frost and one unholy.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Base damage and scaling doubled.This ability no longer deals bonus damage to targets with Frost Fever. 8-second cooldown. Swapped positions with in the talent tree.
- Patch 3.0.8a (2009-01-27): The 5 second cooldown will now display correctly.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): 5 second Cooldown.