(Redirected from Hunter Aspects)
An Animal Aspect is a self-buff that is modeled after different types of animals. The ability to assume the aspect of an animal is exclusive to hunters. Hunters can learn a total of three or four different Aspects, depending on specialization.
- : The Hunter takes on the aspect of a chameleon, becoming untrackable.
- : Increases the hunter's movement speed by 90% for 3 sec, and then by 30% for another 9 sec.
- (Survival): Grants the hunter and their pet 10% increased Critical Strike chance on all abilities, and increases their chance to gain charges of Mongoose Bite by 100%.
- : Deflects all attacks and reduces all damage the hunter take by 30% for 8 sec, but they cannot attack.
- (Beast Mastery): Grants the hunter and their pet 10 Focus per 1 sec and 10% increased critical strike chance on all attacks for 10 sec.
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- This aspect was removed in Patch 7.0.3:
- : The hunter's group (including the hunter) takes on the characteristics of a pack of cheetahs, increasing all their movement speeds by 30%. If a pack member takes damage, that member will be dazed for 4 sec.
- This aspect was removed in Patch 6.2.0:
- : The hunter takes on the aspects of a fox, allowing your party and raid members to cast while moving for 6 seconds. Redesigned and re-added in Patch 6.0.2.
- This aspect was removed in Patch 6.0.2:
- : The hunter takes on the characteristics of a hawk, increasing Ranged Attack Power by 25%.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk is a talent that used to upgrade Aspect of the Hawk to provide damage reduction, increasing Ranged Attack Power by 25% and 10% damage reduction.
- This aspect was removed in patch 5.0.4:
- This aspect was removed in Patch 5.1.0:
- The following four aspects were removed in Patch 4.0.1:
- : The hunter takes on the characteristics of a beast, becoming untrackable and increasing melee attack power of the hunter and the hunter's pet by 10%.
- : The hunter takes on the aspects of a dragonhawk, increasing ranged attack power by X and chance to dodge by 18%.
- : The hunter takes on the characteristics of a monkey, increasing chance to dodge by 18%.
- : The hunter takes on the aspect of the viper, causing ranged attacks to regenerate mana but reducing the hunter's total damage done by 50%. In addition the hunter gains 4% maximum mana every 3 sec. Mana gained is based on the speed of the ranged weapon used.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Aspects now give a short term buff instead of a passive benefit.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Aspect cooldown has been increased to 10 seconds. Aspects are now on the Global cooldown again.
- has been redesigned and added. It now enables you,your party or raid to be able to cast while moving for 6 seconds. 3 minute cooldown.
- Aspect of the Iron Hawk has been renamed to Iron Hawk, and now passively provides a 10% reduction to all damage taken.
- has been removed.}}
- Hotfix (2013-12-11): "Hunter aspects and Trap Launcher effect should no longer be removed at the start of an arena match."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Aspect of the Fox has been removed.
- Patch 5.0.5 (2012-09-11): All hunter aspects have been removed from the global cooldown, and they again share a 1 second category cooldown.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Aspect of the Wild has been removed.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Aspect of the Monkey, Aspect of the Viper, Aspect of the Dragonhawk and Aspect of the Beast are removed from the game.
- Patch 3.0.8a (2009-01-27): All Hunter aspects are no longer on the global cooldown that is shared with other Hunter abilities. All hunter aspects are now on a separate 1 second cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Aspects now no longer cost mana.