|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
Hunters can specialize in Beast Mastery, Marksmanship or Survival. All 3 trees are viable for both PvE and PvP styles of play. Beast Mastery gives the Hunter more control over his pets, Marksmanship gives more powerful ranged abilities and Survival favours venoms, explosives and traps.
As of 4.0.6a, there is currently a lead in terms of DPS in favor of Survival with Marksmanship close behind and Beast Mastery last. However Survival AoE DPS is still supreme in comparison to the other two talent trees and all around is better at the arts of crowd-control and trapping due to the improved traps in and an additional crowd control in .
- (31/9/1) Raiding/Instancing Build
- Standard Beast Mastery build for raiding/instancing but provides sub-optimal DPS compared to Survival or Marksmanship builds as current of Patch 4.06a
- (3/32/6) Raiding/Instancing Build
- This is an optional build to the (0/9/32) Raiding/Instancing Bread and Butter Build, as it provides equal if not more DPS as of patch 4.06a, however it's AoE efficiency is still poor and Survival Hunter still providing better Crowd Control as it has improved traps. Overall it is great for single-target DPS but still falls short of Survival as the cookie-cutter build for hunters.
- (0/9/32) Raiding/Instancing Bread and Butter Build
- (37/7/3) PVP build
- An mostly underused PVP build, however has the best survivability over other builds along with higher health for pets allowing for them to stay on target for much longer.
- (0/32/9) PVP build
- (7/3/31) PVP cookie-cutter build
- Standard PVP cookie-cutter survival build providing good survivability for PVP.
- Official Community Sites
- Fan Site Resources
- More Resources