Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Hunting for Ectoplasm
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a.
60 (Requires 58)
Use the near incorporeal undead to collect 12 Scorched Ectoplasms in Silithus, 12 Frozen Ectoplasms in Winterspring and 12 Stable Ectoplasms in the Eastern Plaguelands. Bring them along with the Ectoplasmic Distiller back to Mux Manascrambler in Gadgetzan.
A fine piece of engineering, if I do say so myself! You will need to travel a bit, I'm afraid, in order to find the incorporeal undead we require.
You see, different climates lend different consistencies to the spectral fabric of the dead. The tortured night elves of Silithus, the spirits of the highborne from Winterspring and the ghosts and banshees of the Eastern Plaguelands should give us the different types of ectoplasm we need. Be sure to place the distiller nearby before you harvest them!
Yes, these will do great!
By tapping into the otherworldly energies contained within these substances we'll be able to reach out to those whose souls haven't quite left this world yet!
Upon completion of this quest you will gain:
- 9550 XP (or a 57 compensation at level 80)
- is dropped by Tortured Sentinels and Tortured Druids at Southwind Village in Silithus. This is the hardest part of the quest due to the extra bug spawns that occur after killing the ghosts. It can be done at the same time as the quest.
- is dropped by Suffering Highbornes and Anguished Highbornes at the lake in Winterspring. While you are here, you may as well buy the needed for a future part of the quest chain, .
- is dropped by Banshees and Ghosts in the Eastern Plaguelands. A good area to hunt is in Northdale.
- Placing the requires as a reagent. You'll get 8 of it in from the previous quest, which should be enough to complete this quest.
- The ghosts only drop ectoplasm if killed near the distiller and looted while the distiller is still active. It's better to place it in the middle of the area and then pull ghosts to it (don't try to pull with attacks that would kill them instantly).