|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
, , , Precision,
Ice Armor is a mage spell that grants a self buff which increases armor and frost resistance, and has a chance to snare attackers. Enemies that attack with melee have a chance to become chilled, slowing their movement and attack speed. This is an improved version of .
The secondary effects are a 30% snare and a 25% in a debuff called "Chilled".
Only one armor self-buff can be active at a time.
Tips and tactics
The snare effect means never having to fight aggressive mobs you'd rather run past, assuming they don't resist every time. On foot, a chasing creature will get in 2 or 3 hits (some things run faster and swing faster than others) before you outpace them; mounted characters will be hit a single time before getting away. A very good thing to be able to do.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor, and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Rank 5 will now still trigger a chill effect when all damage received is prevented by a damage shield, such as .
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Chilled effect: Due to the haste effect change, the tooltip has been changed to 25%.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10): Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Mana cost reduced.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17):