Ice Floes is a level 30 Frost mage talent.
Ice Floes works on a system of charges; casting the spell consumes one charge and allows the caster to cast a spell while moving as long as it has a cast or channel time shorter than 10 seconds. It is particularly useful for continuing to deal damage while moving.
Because Ice Floes is not on the global cooldown, it can also be included in a macro for other abilities, such as to effectively make them castable while moving.
In Patch 6.1.0, the unintended functionality was removed due to becoming a problem.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10):
- Hotfix (2016-08-09): "Ice Floes will not be consumed by spells that are made instant by Hot Streak or Presence of Mind."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now only affects spells with a cast time shorter than 10 seconds.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): No longer affects mounting up, , and .
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer has a restriction on base cast or channel times for spells (formerly only worked on spells with a base cast or channel time of less than 4 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now has 3 charges (up from 2 charges), and has a 20-second cooldown (down from 45 seconds).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now has a 45-second cooldown (was 1 minute) and its duration has been increased to 15 seconds (was 10 seconds).
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Charges of Ice Floes are no longer consumed when the Chilled effect from Frost Armor is applied to enemies."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- ^ ryegeleye; Celestalon 2014-11-12. "As much as I hate to report it...". Archived from the original on 2015-02-25. Retrieved on 2015-02-25.
- ^ Mattchuxo; WarcraftDevs 2015-02-11. WarcraftDevs on Twitter. Twitter. Archived from the original on 2015-02-25. Retrieved on 2015-02-25. “Ice Floes(6.1) isn't working with Blizzard, Evo, Missles, & Frostfire Bolt(Probably more) Intentional?”