Icecrown Citadel (instance)
- For the greater complex of which this dungeon is a part, see Icecrown Citadel.
|ICC, ICC10, ICC25|
|Icecrown Citadel loading screen|
|The Frozen Halls|
|The Forge of Souls (5)|
|Pit of Saron (5)|
|Halls of Reflection (5)|
|Icecrown Citadel (10/25)|
The Lich King
- 4 floors and 12 boss encounters
- Waypoints and teleporters are being reused here because the instance is really big. The instance is built around the spire where the Frozen Throne sits.
- On the second floor, players will have to board an airship with their faction's military leader and race against the other faction to reach the third floor. Players will eventually board their ship with rocket packs and use cannons to fight them.
- The third floor is the biggest one and features 3 wings.
- The fourth floor is where players fight the Lich King.
Icecrown Citadel is home of the updated instance difficulty setting which can be changed on a boss per boss basis. It is also able to be switched at any time during a raid without leaving and reentering the instance.
Some restrictions on when you cannot change it are in place. Such as, you cannot change the difficulty in combat or during certain scripted events. To enable it you will have first have to have defeated the Lich King on normal mode, and heroic mode does not affect trash in any way and only changes the bosses.
Icecrown Citadel is split into four sections since release, in the following order: The Lower Spire (the first four bosses), the Plagueworks (the next three), the Crimson Hall (the next two), and Frostwing Halls (the last three). There was a period of some weeks after the opening of the first section before going on into the second. The Lich King may not be fought until Professor Putricide, Blood-Queen Lana'thel and Sindragosa are dead. Any heroic modes may not be attempted until the Lich King has been defeated on normal mode, and you cannot face the Lich King on heroic mode during that week's lockout unless you defeat Putricide, Lana'thel and Sindragosa on heroic mode. The second wing of the Citadel, the Plagueworks, was opened on US servers on January 5, 2010. The third wing, the Crimson Hall, was opened two weeks later, on January 19. The fourth wing was opened with content patch 3.3.2 on February 2, 2010.
Ghostcrawler stated that there would be 31 bosses in the Citadel, but later admitted it was a joke. It was later confirmed at Blizzcon that Icecrown would contain 12 bosses, plus an additional 7 in the 5-man wings.
Bosses and encounters
- , former consort of , raised as the Queen of the Frostbrood.
- , master of the Scourge, is the final boss of Icecrown Citadel.
NPCs, bosses and monsters
- Main article: Icecrown Citadel loot
|10-player mode||25-player mode||Objective|
|( )||( )||Defeat the first four bosses in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat without anyone being impaled for more than 8 seconds|
|Defeat with at least five different types of Cultists active at the time of her demise|
|Claim victory in the Gunship Battle without any raid member visiting the enemy gunship more than once|
|Defeat the before Mark of the Fallen Champion is cast two (10man), five (25man) times|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Plagueworks in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat while none of the players in your raid group ever had 3 stacks of Inoculated|
|Defeat without a Big Ooze casting Unstable Ooze Explosion|
|Defeat without using Regurgitated Ooze on the Abomination|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Crimson Hall in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the without anyone in the raid taking more than 21,000 spell damage in a single hit.|
|Defeat the once as a vampire and again without becoming a vampire|
|( )||( )||Defeat the bosses of The Frostwing Halls in Icecrown Citadel|
|Enter every portal spawned by before healing her to full health|
|Defeat without any member of your raid receiving more than 4 stacks of Mystic Buffet.|
|( )||( )||Defeat every boss in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the in Icecrown Citadel|
|Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in Heroic mode|
|Allow Necrotic Plague to stack to 30 before defeating the Lich King|
|Kill every Vile Spirit that spawns before it explodes and then defeat the Lich King|
|Defeat the Lich King in Icecrown Citadel in a guild group.|
Entrance of The Plagueworks
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Door leading past Valithria is now open by default, allowing players to skip the encounter.
- Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Fixed an issue where Master Looters were unable to assign Shadowfrost Shards to another player."
- Patch 3.3.2 (2010-02-01): Frostwing Halls, the final stronghold of the Scourge and their Lich King, has been added.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added.