We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
Impact is a mage talent that gives each spell a chance to reset your and give it the ability to stun the target for 2 seconds and spread all damage over time effects currently on the target to any enemy targets within 12 yards.
This talent can proc off any damaging spell and is best used when several dots are already on the target (Ignite, , ). Stacking up several dots and then using to create a big dot, then spreading it with Impact can be a deadly tactic.
Keep in mind that you are still limited to 3 Living Bombs and using on a target that currently has may cause the bomb that is on your target to disappear as it is applied to three adjacent targets.
The stun is subject to diminishing returns like most stuns in the game, and may be countered with any anti-stun mechanism such as and various PvP trinkets.
Enemy spell casts may be interrupted (albeit somewhat unreliably) by using an impact proc.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): When Impact spreads , it will only be spread to two additional targets. The net effect is that if the mage's most recent Living Bomb target is the same as their Impact target, that target will no longer lose the Living Bomb effect. If Living Bomb is active on multiple targets when the Impact effect is cast, Living Bomb will remain active on the most recent Living Bomb target, and will be added to two other nearby targets.
- Hotfix (2010-12-20): "Impact is no longer applying damage-over-time effects to enemy targets who are not within line-of-sight of the original target. A target in line-of-sight with the original target is still affected appropriately, even if they are not in sight of the mage."
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Impact is now a Tier 2 and 2 Ranks talent, down from Tier 3 and 3 Ranks. Redesigned - Gives your damaging spells a 5/10% (Up from 4/7/10%) chance to reset the cooldown on Fire Blast and to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec and spread any Fire damage over time effects to nearby enemy targets within 12 yards.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Impact now gives a chance to cause the next Fire Blast you cast to stun the target for 2 sec.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Impact moved to tier 3, reduced to 3 ranks for 4/7/10% chance to trigger, now triggers from any damaging spell (Fire, Frost or Arcane).
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): The effect of this talent will now still be placed on the victim if the caster is killed before their spell reaches the target.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): When a fire spell is reflected back at the caster, the caster will now correctly receive the Impact effect.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): The stun effect's duration no longer diminishes or is diminished by controlled stun abilities and spells (e.g. Cheap Shot, Hammer of Justice, Charge etc.).