Improved Drain Mana
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 2.0.1.
Improved Drain Mana was a Warlock talent in the Affliction tree. It enhanced by adding Shadow damage to its mana drain.
- In an earlier version, unskilled Drain Mana did not break crowd control, whereas Improved Drain Mana did. This has been changed, so that it breaks CC regardless of this talent.
- The damage caused by this talent draws extra aggro, which may be bothering.
- It does not benefit from spell damage or Shadow damage.
Tips and Tactics
- The extra damage bonus could be helpful, if a player used Drain Mana often. However, its damage is pretty weak and does not benefit from spell damage, making it less desirable for better geared players.
- It is very important to note that this does not increase the mana given back by Drain Mana, it only adds a damage element. If you wanted to do damage while gaining mana, it may be more effective to use in combination with .
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Replaced by .
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): The Improved Drain Mana talent no longer does additional damage from plus damage items. This bonus damage was unintended and was a bug.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07):
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Will now report to the combat log all damage caused.