Infernal (warlock minion)
- For Infernal lore, see Infernal. For the spell to summon an Infernal, see .
- The master of every infernal worries not about its death, but that it might survive too long.
The Infernal deals strong point blank area of effect damage.
is available from warlock trainers at level 50. Previously, the spell was granted on completion of a quest line from Niby the Almighty in Felwood, where the warlock had to defeat the Infernal Kroshius.
Infernals have no warlock-controlled abilities, however they do have , a passive ability which deals point blank AoE fire damage (40 + 100% of the infernal's spell power every 2 seconds). They will also deal melee damage to their chosen target.
|Avoidance (Passive)||Passive||None||Reduces the damage your summoned demon takes from non-player area of effect attacks by an additional 90%.|
The Infernal will remain under the warlock's command for 45 seconds. It can tank multiple mobs better than a Voidwalker; aside from the quite respectable melee damage it does, it also has a fire aura that will damage all units within melee range that aren't outright immune to fire damage. However, Infernals do not have a taunt ability, so if you do pull aggro they are generally incapable of re-acquiring the attention of a mob.
The Infernal is especially useful in battlegrounds. You can drop an Infernal on a group of players to stun them and deal some AoE damage followed by ; it can give up to 5 seconds group stun, which is more than enough time to deal massive AoE damage for your allies. Or simply summon it and let it loose; many people overestimate the infernal and will back off. This may buy some time for your own faction, unless your enemies have a warlock who knows what they are doing and simply banishes it.
Prior to a certain patch, the summoned Infernal would roam free. Also, the only way to get the ability to summon an Infernal was to find a Book in Lower Blackrock Spire (LBRS). Subsequently the spell was learnt through a quest chain in Bloodvenom Falls, given by Niby The Almighty. is now simply learnt from any warlock trainer at level 50.
Prior to Patch 3.0.2, the length of time for summoned Infernal was 5 minutes; after this time, the Infernal would become hostile and had to be re-enslaved.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): The spell to summon this pet has been removed and replaced with , with no reagent cost.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Doomguard/Infernal: These pets now innately have Avoidance like all other warlock pets.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cooldown reduced to 15 minutes, down from 1 hour. Duration reduced to 1 minute, down from 5 minutes+. Health increased by 30%, damage increased by 60%, and armor increased by 30%.