Inferno (warlock ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.|
- This article is about the former warlock ability. For the subzone of Mount Hyjal, see Inferno. For the old warlock talent, see .
- The master of every infernal worries not about its death, but that it might survive too long.
Inferno is a warlock AoE spell that summons an Infernal and requires an . Once the Infernal is summoned, it will automatically be under the effects of for one minute, after which it will die. Inferno has a cooldown period of ten minutes. The Infernal has a permanent aura that breaks CC. In Alterac Valley players tend to over estimate the Infernal's strength and can be used as a rather effective distraction target.
Inferno has a 100% spell power coefficient.
This spell can be learned from . However, it is much easier for high level warlocks to get this spell through the book rather than the quests. The book has a roughly 3% drop rate from Scarshield Warlocks in Lower Blackrock Spire, and should drop after 1 or 2 runs.or the quest
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Replaced by .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Cooldown reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): The Infernal now despawns instead of needing to be re-enslaved. Now stays up 1 minute, down from 5. Can now be cast indoors as well as outside.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): The stun effect can now be resisted. Tooltip updated to reflect enslave duration after the initial summon.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): The summoned Infernal will now be enslaved for 5 minutes before turning on its summoner.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Can now be learned from .
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): The duration the Infernal is enslaved when first summoned has been increased. The area of effect damage caused by the Inferno spell, and all threat generated by it, will now originate from the Infernal. The Infernal will now immediately attack targets within the radius of the spell.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Now dismisses your pet before casting to allow the Infernal to start Enslaved. Usable outdoors only.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.