Inner Rage (warrior ability)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- “The moment right before you crash into your enemy's defenses—that's the moment I want to live in forever.”
Inner Rage was a warrior ability that reduced the cooldown of and from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds. This effect had a 15-second duration and a 30-second cooldown and was free to cast.
Inner Rage is used to burn off excess rage. Although both extremely rage-inefficient abilities, by reducing the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave the warrior is able to expend rage very quickly. This makes it useful when the warrior is generating more rage than can possibly be spent even when already spamming Heroic Strike or Cleave.
Since Heroic Strike and Cleave are generally the least useful ways of spending rage, it is not advised to burn rage in this way unless the amount generated is genuinely excessive. Rage should always be spent on other abilities first. When it is impossible to spend rage elsewhere, Inner Rage can be used to increase damage and threat output by allowing that excess rage to be converted into additional damage.
and are not on the global cooldown, allowing their use to supplement the warrior's other abilities. However, they do share a cooldown.
Inner Rage is not affected by the global cooldown.
- Inner Rage is a common Warrior spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "They're only smiling on the outside."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Now available at level 56.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.