|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
Offensive and Utility
Insect Swarm is a DoT with a 12 second duration that deals nature damage. Along with , this ability accounts for a large amount of overall damage during fights when used by a Balance Druid.
- This ability and go hand in hand and are often applied to an enemy target within one global-cooldown of one another.
- It is one of the most mana-efficiant DoT's in the game.
|Balance (Starts With)|
Tips and Tactics
- Use in conjunction with .
- Unlike most (all?) Druid spells, Insect Swarm does not interrupt the swing timer.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now a baseline ability trained at level 20 instead of a talent. No longer reduces melee and ranged hit chance.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The bonus damage from spell power on this damage-over-time ability has been increased significantly to match similar spells on other classes (from 76% to 120%).
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Tooltip corrected to indicate it does not affect hit chance with spells.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Casting lower ranks of this spell is now properly penalized like other healing and damage effects.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Insect Swarm has had its damage on all ranks increased. The mana cost of ranks 1 and 3 has been increased. The mana cost of ranks 4,5 and 6 has been decreased.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Insect Swarm has been relocated to the Balance Tree from the Restoration Tree.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): Has received a new icon.