||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Inspiration (2 ranks)
- Holy, Tier 2
- Reduces your target's physical damage taken by 5/10% for 15 sec after getting a critical effect from your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, Binding Heal, Penance, Prayer of Mending, Prayer of Healing, or Circle of Healing spell.
Inspiration is a Tier 2 Holy priest talent. It causes criticals from almost all of your healing spells to grant a temporary physical damage reduction buff.
Although the vast majority of priest healing spells will trigger Inspiration, certain spells will not. These include:
- [Holy Word: Serenity] - although the increased 25% crit chance buff granted by this spell will in turn increase the likelihood of granting Inspiration
Inspiration does not stack with the restoration shaman's third tier talent [Ancestral Healing].
Although Inspiration can proc from any of the listed spells, as the effect is of a fixed nature (not proportional to the spell's effect) and does not stack, spells that affect multiple targets (such as [Prayer of Healing] and [Circle of Healing]) are far more useful for attaining this effect; even if the amount healed is small, the full effect is still granted. For Holy priests, Circle of Healing is ideal for procing Inspiration; [Penance] also provides an increased proc chance, with each of its 3 ticks having a chance to crit.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): The buff from this talent now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 5/10% instead of 3/7/10%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The buff from this ability now reduces the physical damage taken by the target by 3/7/10% instead of increasing the target's armor.