- 1 Bael Modan (instanced)
- 2 Bloodsail Hold
- 3 Deep Batol
- 4 Dun Algaz (Fortress)
- 5 Mount Kajaro
- 6 The Vault
- 7 Oracle Cave
- 8 Tor'Watha
- 9 Caverns of Time wings
- 10 Legion Stronghold
- 11 Instance ideas by users
- 12 References
This page is meant for speculative ideas for future instances. The ideas listed here must be already in lore and/or unused in World of Warcraft.
- Location: Bael Modan
- Related lore characters (bosses): Archeras the Custodian, Stone guardians
- Notes: No entrance in WoW yet, but the ruins exist.
- Location: Plunder Isle
- Related lore characters (bosses): Duke Falrevere, Lester Zank, Wallace Boltscrew, Jessi Falrevere
- Notes: May be added in Sea expansion. It may be city to players with friendly reputation with them, because they cant quest in steamwheedle cartels cities. If it is so, it may be uninstanced. (Micro dungeon) Or maybe a second major city for that expansion. Like an opposing city to Undermine, for players friendly with the Bloodsail.
- Location: Grim Batol
- Related lore characters (bosses): Deathwing,
- Notes: Name not an official lore term, but a shortening of Deep Grim Batol. The ending of Night of the Dragon established that the tunnels of Grim Batol go far deeper than most know. If ever added, it would likely be as part of a patch for Cataclysm.
- Location: Wetlands, mountains to the West.
- Related lore characters (bosses): Unknown, maybe some Dragonmaw heroes, like Nekros
- Notes: No entrance in WoW yet, but the stronghold exists.
- Location: Kezan, southern part of the island
- Related lore characters (bosses): Deathwing, Mogul Razdunk
- Notes: Location not yet in WoW. In keeping with the whimsical goblin themes, a dungeon/raid with Razdunk as the end boss could parody Goldfinger or Dr Evil, including a suitable "Guards! Seize them!" kind of moment.
- Location: Stormwind City, between Old Town and the Trade District
- Related lore characters (bosses): extremely dangerous entities?
- Notes: Entrance in WoW. Fully built in the files. One instance is already in Stormwind, so unlikely. May be too similar to other prison-themed instances in-game.
- Location: Stonetalon Peak, where Thrall consulted Medivh
- Related lore characters (bosses): Unknown, maybe Revenants seen at the oracle caves' end in WC3.
- Notes: Location not yet in WoW. Stonetalon Peak has a different use, with no sign of this cave. Thought RPG mentions there are many tunnels.
- Location: Eastern Quel'Thalas.
- Related lore characters (bosses): Unknown. Possibly troll leaders & loa priests.
- Notes: Swirling instance portal behind Tor'Watha's closed gate. Exterior structure is very similar to Zul'Aman's. Maybe new blood elf low level instance?
Caverns of Time wings
Beyond the historical event itself, some of these are very fan-fiction based scenarios.
- Location: Karazhan
- Related lore characters (bosses): Medivh possessed by Sargeras and his minions. Aid from Anduin Lothar, Garona and Khadgar. (Garona mystically disappears after Medivh bewitches her)
- Notes: 26 years ago. Instance starts outside Karazhan, where players and Anduin, Garona and Khadgar fly to Karazhan with gryphons, and land to hidden entrance. Once players have beat Medivh, Khadgar finishes him by impaling Lothars blade to his chest. Just like in Last Guardian.
- Location: Northrend
- Related lore characters (bosses): Avatar of Sargeras. Aid from Aegwynn to defeat infinite dragons and Sargeras.
- Notes: 823 years ago.
- Location: Arathi Highlands, Ghostlands
- Related lore characters (bosses): various Troll tribal leaders. Aid from Thoradin, Anasterian, Dath'Remar, Arathor, High elves of Silvermoon.
- Notes: 2,800 years ago.
- Location: Theramore
- Related lore characters (bosses): Chief "petty" Officer, Chief of Chaplains and Daelin Proudmoore. Aid from Rexxar and company.
- Notes: 3 years ago.
- Location: Azjol-Nerub in its former glory.
- Related Lore Characters: Anub'Arak, Nerubian Lords, and possibly some Scourge and Burning Legion leaders.
- Notes: ?? years ago. Instance starts in the throne room of Azjol-Nerub. The object is to escort 5 spiderlords and Prince Anub'Arak out of Azjol-Nerub tripping booby traps and activating puzzles to make your job easier amongst waves of Scourge with as little spiderlord casualties as possible and Anub'Arak must survive. It will be heavily based on bonuses. Like for every spiderlord who dies you will lose a bonus. Also if you finish within a time limit you may get another bonus.
- Location: Various Locations
- Bosses: Old Raid Bosses
- Notes: Possibly a portal to a room with portals or just a room with portals that leads to the level 60 instance version of Naxxramas and Onyxia, others once changes (because Molten Core at level 80 is being speculated) and later on, the level 70 versions of things, once blizzard starts to remake those (if they do end up doing so).
Titans vs the Old Gods
- Location: Azeroth
- Bosses: Elemental Lords: Al'Akir, Therazane, Ragnaros, Neptulon, Old Gods: C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, unknown Old Gods
- Notes: Players must assist the Titans against wave after wave of elementals and the Infinite dragonflight. Set during Azeroth's prehistory.
The Shattering of Draenor
- Location: Draenor before it became Outland
- Bosses: various orc or demon commanders(Gul'dan, Kil'jaedin)
- Notes: Players may need to aid Akama in evacuating the future Black Temple, the Temple of Karabor, possibly ensuring Ner'zhul opens the dark portals.
By Demons Be Driven
- Location: Valleys of Orgrimmar before its construction
- Bosses: Grom's Fel Orc commanders, Infinite Dragon, Grom, Mannoroth
- Notes: Players are shapeshifted into Thrall's orcish forces and send to help him subdue fel-infused Grom. After defeating his commanders, an infinite dragon (to whom events of End Time did not happen yet) descends trying to kill Grom before his time (so Mannoroth will survive). After dealing with the infinite incursion, players help Thrall beat Grom and watch cutscene where Jaina cleanses Grom into normal Orc again. Then players, Thrall and Grom go on to fight Mannoroth. While another infinite dragon appears, Mannoroth beats him easily and engages players. At the end, Mannoroth knocks down everybody (like he did only Thrall, originally) and taunts Grom, prompting the historical result.
- Location: Unknown.
- Related lore characters (bosses): Mephistroth, Azgalor, Kil'jaeden, Sargeras
- Notes: Unknown if we are ever about to destroy Legion. Possibly in last expansion?
Instance ideas by users
- Death of the Deathwing by Noobi666.
- Stonemason's Vengeance by Aeliren85.
- Karazhan: Morgan's Plot by Nincaro.
- Depths of Darkmoon by Nincaro.