|Level||43 - 62 / 92 Elite|
|Mana||3,575 - 22,012|
|Location||The Reliquary, Scholomance|
Course: Introduction to the Dark Arts
Instructor Chillheart journeyed from Northrend to teach aspiring necromancers discipline, harshly punishing those who disappoint her. She commands the icy chill of the north and masterfully uses Scholomance's libraries to deadly effect.
Spells & Abilities
- Ice Wave — Instructor Chillheart summons a wave of ice that slowly sweeps across the room, instantly killing any player it touches.
- Wrack Soul — Instructor Chillheart shatters the soul of a player, inflicting 1800 Shadow damage every second for 10 sec. When Wrack Soul expires, it jumps to another player. Cast on Heroic difficulty only.
- Ice Wrath — Instructor Chillheart wreaths a player in ice for 10 sec, causing them to inflict 540[DJ 1] Frost damage to all of their allies within 2 yards every second.
- Touch of the Grave — Instructor Chillheart's icy touch cause her next 10 melee attacks to inflict an additional 1080[DJ 2] Frost damage.
- Frigid Grasp — Instructor Chillheart summons ice at a player's location that explodes from the ground, inflicting 1350[DJ 3] Frost damage to all nearby players.
When Instructor Chillheart's physical body dies, the foul magic that animated her escapes back to her phylactery.
Fragments of Instructor Chillheart's soul escape the phylactery and animate the tomes of magic scattered throughout the classroom.
- The Anarchist Arcanist
- Arcane Bomb — The Anachist Arcanist creates an orb of magic that explodes on impact, inflicting 900[DJ 4] Arcane damage to all players within 2 yards.
- Antonidas' Self Help Guide to Standing in Fire
- Burn — Antonidas' Self Help Guide to Standing in Fire inflicts 900[DJ 5] Fire damage to all players within 2 yards of it.
- Wander's Colossal Book of Shadow Puppets
- Shadow Bolt — Wander's Colossal Book of Shadow Puppets hurls bolts of dark magic at players, inflicting 900[DJ 6] Shadow damage.
Don't worry about clearing the room unless XP is desired - as starting the fight will kill all of the humanoid mobs. The Risen Guards should be killed, though, as they will survive the initial blast.
Chillheart starts the fight by casting Ice Wave:
- A deadly wave of ice begins to sweep the room!
The ice spreads from the east end of the room, bringing instant death for players who touch it. The wall moves at a pace that gives players roughly two minutes to kill the lich and move the encounter to phase two. Ice does appear on the stairs and the area under the stairs, so escape is not an option. The stair-side ice does not hit as hard as the main ice wall, so if time is about to run out, move the party into the western ice on or under the stairs.
The instant the lich dies, the ice wall fades and her soul moves to her phylactery:
- Instructor Chillheart's soul escapes to her phylactery. Destroy it!
Several untargetable books appear in the room, moving about randomly. The fire books move in fixed looping paths, so look for a path and stay out of it. The arcane books move about randomly and also follow players—move out of explosion before it reaches the ground. The shadow books are stationary, but attack all targets in the room with shadow bolts.
Quickly burn down the phylactery—it has no attacks of its own—to complete the encounter before the books wear out the healer. There is no need for a tank in the second phase, so he or she should shift to DPS mode to help kill the phylactery.
|Strength/parry Plate chest|
|Strength/hit Two-hand sword|
|Agility/crit Leather waist|
|Intellect/spirit Mail wrist|
- Instructor Chillheart yells: Class is now in session.
- Talking Skull says: Here we go. Do try to keep yourselves alive until the end.
- Talking Skull yells: We're coming for you. Chillheart! Time for payback!
- Class dismissed.
- Ice Wave
- Your soul cannot withstand my power!
- Escaping into her phylactery
- I can never die!
- Killing a player
- Perhaps you should have studied more.
- I'll see you after class.
- You've learned nothing.
- THIS CANNOT BE!
- The Talking Skull cackles gleefully as the instructor's soul is destroyed.
Notes and trivia
- Despite the description from dungeon journal about the ice wall instantly killing any player it touches, it has been proved that in the actual beta build the ice walls deals hevy, but non-lethal frost damage and its possible to run thought the wall without dying. whether this is a bug or a mistake in the Journal's description its unknown.
- Instructor Chillheart is voiced by Alyson Reed.
|Instructor Chillheart||Instructor Chillheart's Phylactery|