Into the Shadow Web Caverns (WC3 Undead)
|Previous: A New Power in Lordaeron|
|Next: The Forgotten Ones|
|Into the Shadow Web Caverns|
|Conflict: Legacy of the Damned|
|Outcome: Scourge manage to access the inner kingdom|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Into the Shadow Web Caverns is chapter 7, part one, of the Legacy of the Damned.
After arriving into Azjol-Nerub the Scourge come under attack by Dwarves to Arthas's surprise and after a quick battle the Scourge heads deeper into the fallen kingdom. However with the Nerubians and Dwarfs fighting one another and the Scourge, Arthas and his undead had an easier time going through the kingdom and eventually killed Baelgun, who had warned him that something dark had awaken before hand. With the forces ready Arthas and Anub'arak move forward deeper into the fallen kingdom.
- King Arthas: We've been walking for hours. We've got to quicken our pace. The Lich King is defenseless without us.
- Anub'arak: I left many of my warriors at Icecrown before I came to find you, death knight. They will hold the line for as long as they are able.
- King Arthas: Tell me, where are all your people? Shouldn't there be nerubians around here... undead or otherwise?
- Anub'arak: I've been wondering about that myself. Something must have driven them all off.
- Dwarf: We did, ye rotting bastards! We been watching ye all along!
- King Arthas: Muradin's dwarves! Impossible... Doesn't anyone stay dead anymore?
- Dwarf: We've been wandering this forsaken land ever since you killed Muradin and left us to rot, Arthas. Our leader, Baelgun, led us into the ruined city to survive. But there's no way we're letting you in!
- King Arthas: We have no time for these games! Sapphiron, attack!
A giant frost wyrm flies over Arthas and knocks down the gate protected by the dwarves. Two of them manage to escape, but the third is frozen to shards.
- King Arthas: Well done, mighty Sapphiron. I wish we could take you with us, but the confines of the dark earth are no place for you.
- Anub'arak: The Lich King's time is running short... we must hurry.
During the Mission
- Dwarf: For Kaz Modan!
- Dwarf: Kill 'em all twice, that's what I say!
- Dwarf: This is for Muradin, ye bastards!
- Rifleman: A pint for every ghoul ye blast!
- Rifleman: Shoot anything that shuffles or skitters!
- Rifleman: Set off the charges! Blow the bridge before they get across!
- King Arthas: No! Stop them before they--
Too late, the bridge was destroyed.
- Baelgun: That was for Muradin! Now you'll never get across!
- Anub'arak: There are other passages through the labyrinth, death knight. We will find another way.
- King Arthas: These nerubians are your kin. Why are they hostile to us?
- Anub'arak: Many of us fell during the War of the Spider were brought back to serve the Lich King. These warriors, however, never died. Foolishly, they still fight to liberate Nerub from the Scourge.
- King Arthas: This place looks like an old storage silo. It's a dead end, Anub'arak.
- Anub'arak: There must be a hidden passage somewhere. We nerubians were crafty engineers in our time.
- Anub'arak: This is an ancient nerubian hoarding cell. We kept most of our treasures hidden in chambers like this. The passage to the lower depths lies just beyond this room.
- King Arthas: Great. As long as we're here, we can take some of these items with us.
- Rifleman: Don't even try it, ye bastard! That there treasure belongs to the dwarves!
- Anub'arak: This treasure belongs to the Lich King, little creature. We, his servants, shall take what we will.
- Baelgun: I remember you, evil prince. You're the one that killed poor Muradin!
- King Arthas: Get over it already.
- Baelgun: I won't let ye through this door, traitor. The recent quakes have awakened dark things under the ice... ancient, horrid things. We've vowed to keep them locked where they are.
- King Arthas: We'll take out chances, dwarf. We're going through that door, one way or another.
- King Arthas: Gold! We should take this with us!
- King Arthas: More gold! This might help us later!
- King Arthas: More gold! Take all you can carry!
- King Arthas: The air smells awful in here. Something doesn't feel right.
- Anub'arak: If the dwarf's story was true, there's no telling what awaits us in the darkness. This stairwell leads into the heart of the old Nerubian empire. We must be cautious.
- King Arthas: By all means, you first.
- This mission contains unused files for a Dwarven Axeman unit, likely meant to give dwarves a melee unit.
- It uses the Bandit model as a placeholder.