|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
- For the Burning Legion teleportation bases also called invasion points, see Forge site#Invasion Points.
Invasion Points, also called Argus Rifts, are a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds.
On Argus, we find a Legion portal network that allows the Legion to assault other worlds. You go through these portals to Rift worlds using riftstones from Kil'jaeden's ship, allowing you to get a glimpse of all new planets around the cosmos. You clear out the Legion invasion force, fight a boss, do an event, and complete an objective there. This provides some variation to Argus and allows us to see some different settings.
Players will first be introduced to Invasion Points through a quest that challenges them to enter and defeat the demonic forces inside. Each Invasion Point can be accessed without a queue to enter and while no group is required, additional players will be able to enter the Invasion Point instance within a short period of each other. No queue is required to enter.
There are two tiers of Invasion Points that will not only increase in difficulty, but also increase in rewards—and you'll need to bring along extra help if you want to complete the highest tier.
- Tier 1 Invasion Points will allow anywhere from 3–10 players within the instance. While you can enter alone, you'll ideally want to recruit at least two other friends to join you in order to complete the scenario.
- Tier 2 Invasion Points or Greater Invasion Points, will require a raid to bring down the boss within, but with greater risk, also comes greater reward.
Several Invasion Points will be available on Argus at any given time along with one Greater Invasion Point. The portals into these encounters will be visible on your world map and each player will need to click on the portal to enter (even when in a group.) Each Invasion Point will cycle within a couple of hours and despawn, so you'll want to keep an eye on the timers indicated on your map. You and your party will face some additional challenges from location to location, whether it's contending with the extremes of cold or playing in fire. Completing these Invasion Points will provide Argus Waystones which can be used toward earning a weekly reward.
Greater Invasion Points will provide access for you and your raid to one of the new World Bosses and the chance to get some great loot starting at ilvl 930. If you don't have a raid at your beck and call, there's always the Group Finder (I) where you're sure to be able to recruit some heroes to join you. Bosses will only award loot once per week.
From its stronghold on Argus, the Legion employs a vast array of portals to spread across the cosmos like a plague. Countless worlds have been plundered for resources, their inhabitants forced to serve the Dark Titan or endure a slow, agonizing death.
Unless these worlds can be liberated, the Burning Crusade will consume everything it touches and leave the universe in ashes.
- Matron Folnuna: Matron Folnuna destroys worlds by infecting them with her spawn. These vile creatures spread like a plague over the landscape, corrupting and devouring anything in their path.
- Mistress Alluradel: All those who gaze upon Mistress Alluradel fall under her sinister control. She commands victims of her dominance to inflict gruesome torments upon themselves. A thrall's only hope of escape is death, and Alluradel will not allow that release until their agonized screams have ceased to amuse her.
- Inquisitor Meto: Inquisitor Meto's mastery over fel magic is rivaled by few in the Legion. Meto uses this power to sow chaos and destruction across the cosmos, leaving countless burning worlds in his wake.
- Occularus: Occularus feeds on the minds of his enemies, savoring their despair as he sears their flesh. This malevolent creature has devoured worlds, yet his hunger remains insatiable.
- Sotanathor: Sotanathor's legendary strength was forged through countless burning campaigns across the cosmos. A brutal general, this demon commands vast legions that have never known defeat.
- Pit Lord Vilemus: Pit Lord Vilemus' brutality is renowned even among the Legion. He delights in setting his foes aflame in fel fire, then laughing at their despair as they beg for the mercy of death.
Invasion Point: Sangua
A Sethekk Hollow-like planet, with bones and and a lake of blood. When Legion Blood Drainers are destroyed, something stirs beneath the surface. Occasionally tentacles will erupt out of the ground as well.
Invasion Point: Bonich
A foggy world with a pine forest, resembling Grizzly Hills. The plantlife here grows very quickly. Bonich's wildlife includes frogs, nether rays, unicorns, and deer, including a particularly large stag named Elkeirnir.
Invasion Point: Val
Invasion Point: Aurinor
A planet composed of floating islands with seemingly nothing but clouds beneath them. There are mysterious temporal anomalies on the islands.
Invasion Point: Naigtal
Invasion Point: Cen'gar
- The concept for the Invasion Points may have been inspired by the scrapped worlds that were planned to be visited during World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade via Dimensional Gateways.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2018-02-12): Now must be level 110 to use the Invasion Point portals.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.