Investigating the Halls
120 (Requires 120)
+350 Champions of Azeroth
Investigate the anomaly in the Halls of Origination.
- Entry halls investigated
- Anomaly investigated
- Attempt to calm the whispers
Whatever's happenin' has tae be comin' from deep within the inner chamber. If we can get tae the forge maybe we'll find some answers.
Best check yer gear 'fore headin' in, <name>. Who knows what's waitin' fer us in there.
You will receive:
We cannot allow these obelisks to stand.
If N'Zoth were to gain access to the forge and leverage its power the results would be... catastrophic.
I'm afraid we're short on time, <name>. If you're going to continue these investigations, you'll need protection.
And I know just the place.
Zone in for the third time in this quest chain. This time, no enemies to speak of just inside, as the ceiling is collapsing! Run forward into the dungeon.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Look out, <name>! The ceiling's cavin' in!
- Magni Bronzebeard says: The entrance is blocked! MOTHER, get our champion out o' here!
- MOTHER says: Error: Unable to locate suitable destination for extraction.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Well, then bring 'em tae me! Hero, I'll meet ye outside!
- MOTHER says: Locking onto Speaker unit. Teleportation initiated.
After the teleport
- Magni Bronzebeard says: That was too close fer comfort! Let's go, <Name>!
On the other side of the teleport, run forward. Magni quickly activates a teleporter then heads up the stairs. At the top, he spots the problem:
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Look! Across the sand! That must be the anomaly!
Don't get hit by the sandstorms. Getting close the Vision of the Halls of Origination proves difficult and the wind pushes players away.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Wait... do ye feel that? Somethin's wrong...
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Be careful, hero!
No matter, keep running, then interact with it.
The player immediately starts losing 15 sanity a second. Try to interact with the clickable NPCs to retain some sanity before running out. The NPCs are level 120 neutral manifestations of the character - Overwhelming Confusion, Utter Loneliness, Wandering Thoughts, Extreme Vulnerability, and Endless Suffering, with the title <name>'s Lost Mind.
- Wrathion says: No... it has already begun!
- Wrathion says: <Name>! You must resist N'Zoth's influence. Do not give in to madness!
- Wrathion says: MOTHER! Can you bring them back to the chamber?
- MOTHER says: Initiating evacuation protocol.
- Magni Bronzebeard says: Was that N'Zoth's doin'? I've never seen anythin' like it!
- Wrathion says: It was his vision of the future made manifest. An echo of the Black Empire.
- Wrathion says: Well, I did say leave the problem of Ny'alotha to me. I suppose now is as good a time as any.
- Faction intro:
- Unlocks if players have not already acquired a corrupted item
- Patch 8.3.0 (2020-01-14): Added.