Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Race||Lightning revenant (Elemental)|
|Level||81 - 82 Elite|
|Location||Thundering Overlook, Halls of Lightning|
Ionar is a lightning revenant, and the third boss found in the Halls of Lightning, located in the Thundering Overlook. Ionar guards the way into Loken's inner sanctum in the Terrestrial Watchtower, stopping all those who would attempt to kill his master.
Loken does not rely on his iron minions as his personal defenders. The fallen keeper relies upon lightning itself. Ionar and its cohorts were given sanctuary within the Halls of Lightning in exchange for their unquestioning loyalty and willingness to slaughter any who seek to confront their new master.
- Static Overload — Ionar charges a player with energy, inflicting Nature damage over 10 sec and periodically zapping their nearby allies for Nature damage. After 10 sec, an electrical explosion occurs causing an additional Nature damage to all players within 8 yards and knocking them back.
- Ball Lightning – Ionar hurls a ball of lightning at the target inflicting Nature damage to a random player.
- Disperse – When Ionar reaches 50% health remaining, he disperses into Sparks of Ionar that pursue players for 15 seconds.
- Arcing Burn — Sparks of Ionar inflict Nature damage to the closest player within 5 yards. Players hit by Arcing Burn take 2% additional Nature damage for 10 sec. This effect stacks.
All of Ionar's abilities have easy to spot visual cues. If you can avoid them the fight is relatively simple.
When fighting Ionar he will periodically throw a lightning ball that hits for ~5k at the ground where the targeted player is standing. (much like Void Reaver) The ball travels slower than most spells and can be dodged.
Additionally, Ionar will debuff one person with a debuff similar to static charge from Lady Vashj and everyone must spread out, away from that player.
Every 20 percent, Ionar will disperse into a number of small sparks which begin slowly crawling around on the ground. These lightning "spiders" will follow players around and stretch the range of the lightning effect, which deals 500 damage every 0.5->1 seconds. You must run away from the spiders.
Not much different than normal mode. Avoid the spiders, either by running around on Ionar's platform or by running down the stairs. Have the tank run down the stairs in the middle (the spiders will follow) and then sneak back up on the right or left side (the spiders are too slow to catch up) to arrive back at Ionar when the dispersion ends.
- You wish to confront the master? You must first weather the storm!
- The slightest spark shall be your undoing.
- No one is safe!
- Killing a player
- Shocking, I know
- You attempt the impossible
- Your spark of life is..extinguished!
- Master... you have guests.
- Ionar is voiced by Kath Soucie.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2009-12-16): "Ionar, in the Halls of Lightning, will now only disperse once during the course of the fight."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.