Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
|This article is a miscellaneous stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
Leatherworkers, Blacksmiths and Tailors can produce many items that are related to each other. They are identified by having a common prefix (eg. "Turtle Scale ..."), and they are usually all produced around the same level of skill.
They are not true sets, and do not confer any bonus for wearing many of the items. This wiki calls these "collections".
Items associated by adjective only but deriving no group benefit are not true sets but are collections, sometimes called vanity sets. These provide no bonuses when worn together other than the bonuses of each individual item, and are often worn piecemeal. Collections usually lack the stringent definition of formal sets. They usually have a themed look which provides a significant role play value.
These collections have many advantages over random gear:
- Most of them are BoE and can easily be bought from the Auction House or a low to high skill crafter
- All parts of the collection generally have similar level requirements
- The materials needed to form the collection are generally farmable at the same level at which you can wear the collection
- Usually, every item in the collection has bonuses to the same stats, allowing you to easily find items for each armor slot that target the stat bonuses you require
- Since there is no set bonus, if you pick up a new item that is better than any single item in the collection, you can just start wearing it, and throw away the old item
- They usually look cool when worn together!
- Armor that drops in Zul'Aman and can be purchased for from items added in Patch 2.3.
- see Zul'Aman sets
- Armor that drops in Sunwell Plateau can be traded in with Sunmotes to a Shattered Sun Offensive quartermaster for counterpart armor sets. Both the sets are untitled, unclassified, of epic quality, and are a notch above Tier 6 armor.
- see Sunwell Sets
- Transmogrification - Exchange the appearance of your armor and weapons.
- Armor set - List of sets.
- Randomized set - List of item property suffix, some might be in this page though.
- Set look alikes - List of the many of the "Old World" sets have had their graphics recolored and can be found in a new form in Outland.
- Trial of the Champion item collections
- List of names from items