Ivus the Forest Lord
|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
- This article is about the Alterac Valley summonable boss. For the Darkshore Alliance world boss, see Ivus the Decayed. For the Horde world boss, see Ivus the Forest Lord (Darkshore).
|Race||Ancient of War (Humanoid)|
|Location||Alterac Valley; Darkshore|
Ivus is brought into battle by turning in 200 Storm Crystals to Arch Druid Renferal, who will then summon Ivus at the Field of Strife. He will then will patrol around the field for ten minutes, before pushing into the Frostwolf base. Ivus is more powerful if everyone on your team buffs Ivus as he accepts every buff. Ivus doesn't attack enemy NPCs, and will only attack enemy players. If Ivus reaches the Frostwolf base, he will stand in front of Frostwolf Keep and stay there unless provoked by enemy players, in which case he will give chase until he either leashes back, kills the enemy player, or is killed himself.
Ivus is a very powerful NPC, but is not invincible. Without Alliance interference, he can be killed by the enemy Horde forces with relative ease. Ivus, like his counterpart Lokholar the Ice Lord can also be kited, but as he is neither attacked nor defended by NPCs on the field, and often delays their eventual movement forward.
Ivus is prone to a bug in summoning where he will fail to spawn and the Calling Circle will disappear. It is unknown what causes this to happen. (As of 11/17/08, this bug still seems to persist.)
Due to the preferred method of rushing to the enemy base and taking out objectives along the way for the most efficient win, and the time consuming gathering of the Storm Crystals, it is extremely rare to ever see Ivus now. Many newer players have no idea this NPC even exists. However, there are players who have successfully summoned him, even if only for the experience of seeing Ivus at least once.
- Entangling Roots - Entangles nearby enemies in roots, inflicting 14933 Nature damage every 3 sec. and immobilizing them for up to 15 sec.
- Faerie Fire - Reduces an enemy's armor by 2000 for 1 min. While affected, the target cannot use stealth or invisibility.
- Moonfire - Inflicts 34762 Arcane damage to an enemy, then additional 9776 damage every 3 sec. for 12 sec.
- Starfire - Causes 56722 Arcane damage to the target.
- Wrath - Hurls a bolt of lightning at an enemy, inflicting 37941 to 42846 Nature damage.
- Wicked, wicked, mortals! The forest weeps. The elements recoil at the destruction. Ivus must purge you from this world!
- I come to raze your bases, Frostwolf Clan. Ivus punishes you for your treachery!
- The forest weeps. The elements recoil at the destruction. Ivus must purge you from this world!
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Model updated.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): No longer has a unique loot table.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.