Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Marshal Jacob Alerius (tactics)
|Title||<Grand Champion of Stormwind>|
|Location||Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown|
Like every Alliance champion, he is only encountered by Horde players.
The Lich King is relentless, his undead armies pouring forth to overwhelm his foes. To prepare would-be champions against him, Highlord Tirion Fordring presents a test of courage, endurance, and teamwork. His hardened veterans will weed out those who lack the stomach to face the ravening throngs of undead.
- Intercept — Charge an enemy, causing 0% weapon damage.
- Bladestorm — Instantly Whirlwind up to 255 nearby targets and for the next 6 sec you will perform a whirlwind attack every 1 sec. While under the effects of Bladestorm, you can move but cannot perform any other abilities but you do not feel pity or remorse or fear and you cannot be stopped unless killed.
- Mortal Strike — Inflicts 100% weapon damage and leaves the target wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing by 50% for 5 sec.
- Rolling Throw — Grabs your target and tosses them backwards.
Jacob Alerius is a very dangerous opponent. The big thing to watch out for is his Bladestorm ability which can, very quickly, kill all non-tanks in melee range when he starts spinning. Tanks will need to be careful not to accidentally drag him into another group member because even plate dps will be killed with just a few hits and the healer will most likely be focused on keeping the tank up. It's important to note that he moves as fast as you do when he Bladestorms so running is not an option.
The second thing to watch for with Alerius is your threat. Because of his Intercept ability, any ranged DPS or healer who manages to pull aggro will most likely immediately die when Jacob charges and one-shots them. Best case in this situation is Jacob kills the offending group member and bee-lines back to the tank. Worst-case he one-shots your healer in time for his Bladestorm cooldown to wipe out all your ranged DPS before they can even think about hitting their aggro-dumps
- Even on heroic Alerius is vulnerable to disarms. A well-timed or lucky or that lands just before he bladestorms will greatly reduce the damage he deals.
- If you have a Rogue in your group any melee burn on Alerius should be accompanied with a . Getting rid of his shield will significantly increase the damage he takes.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.