|Former affiliation(s)||The Sha'tar|
|Location||The Aspirants' Ring, Argent Tournament Grounds|
Jadaar is a level 80 draenei at the Argent Tournament Grounds. He argues constantly with Asric. The two of them are rumored to have been spotted enjoying the sights and sounds of Darkmoon Island occasionally.
After a period of time, Griftah was moved to the outskirts of Shattrath city and Jadaar was joined by Investigator Asric, overseeing the investigation of Griftah's stall. When spoken to Jadaar would announce:
- Let it never be said that we do not listen to the concerns of the people. This "Griftah" individual has made false claims and we mean to set things right.
And offer this explanation:
- The merchant known as Griftah has been exiled from this city for his fraudulent activities. We plan to go over these little knick-knacks he sells extremely carefully. Please, leave his stall undisturbed and let us do our work.
Jadaar and Asric then moved on to the World's End Tavern, arguing with each other over who was responsible for the loss of evidence in the Griftah case, which allowed Griftah to return to his stall in the city.
This incident did not go down well with the leadership in Shattrath, as both Jadaar and Asric were fired by the Sha'tar and left Shattrath to find new employment. In Wrath of the Lich King, they found their way to Northrend, where they found themselves at Cantrips & Crows, the bar in the Underbelly of Dalaran. Jadaar appeared to be particularly bitter about this, and blames Asric for their loss of employment.
When the Argent Tournament began, they both headed to the Argent Tournament Grounds to participate and become heroes to redeem themselves. However, both found obstacles that they were not be able to overcome. Stymied, they stand off to the side of Tingiyok's refreshment booth at the Aspirants' Ring, doing the only thing they can do in their situation... drink.
Conversations in Lower City
When spoken to:
- There have been some complaints filed about this... individual. I'm told he's something of a shady character. I am here to determine whether or not this business of his is legitimate... and take action if it proves otherwise.
From his conversations with Griftah:
- Griftah says: Dangerous out there, innit? Know what ya need? Protection. I can help ya defy death itself! Ya wear this madstone 'round yer neck, see, and then ya be able to come back if ya find yerself in the spirit world! Just a quick jaunt to yer corpse and up ya come, fresh and new!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: You cannot possibly be suggesting that these baubles of yours hold sway over the very fabric of life itself!
- Griftah says: Ya wanna find out?!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: ...was that a THREAT?!
- Griftah says: Ah... uh... nah.
- Griftah says: Hey! Hey, <race>! I be havin' just the thing for ya. Ya ever see a tikbalang? Frightenin' creatures. Prone to stealin' ya away. What ya need is one of my tikbalang wards. Guaranteed to ward all tikbalangs!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: I've never heard of a tikbalang in my life. In fact, the Scryers tell me they can't find a single mention in one of their libraries.
- Griftah says: Look, man, they didn't live to be writin' about it, okay?
- Griftah says: Look over here, <class>! I got something for ya. Just what ya need! It's soap, right.. and it's on a rope! No offense, man, but yer a little ripe, know what I'm sayin'?
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: Are you insulting our citizens?
- Griftah says: It's the truth, man. Can't ya smell that?
- Peacekeeper Jadaar sniffs the air and frowns. He glances over his shoulder.
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: That... odor is from Tobias, I believe.
- Griftah’s frustrated frown disappears into a sly look.
- Griftah says: ... do ya think he be buyin' soap on a roap, mebbe?
- Peacekeeper Jadaar rolls his eyes.
- Griftah says: C'mere, <race>. Ya don't want to be riskin' yerself in a dungeon, do ya? Filthy work, and for what? Some worthless trinket? Nah, what ya need be one of my amulets. Guaranteed to work!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: Truly? "Guaranteed?" We'll have to sit down and talk at length about this "guarantee" of yours, merchant.
During Griftah's exile
- Keep a wary eye out, <race>; there are unsavory characters afoot.
- Nothing to see here. Move along.
- Should you venture outside the gates, <class>, be alert; a garishly-dressed troll may attempt to approach you. Leave him to his exile where he rightly belongs.
- Keep back from this stall, please; there is a delicate investigation underway.
Arguments at World's End Tavern
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: I must have taken leave of my senses, allowing a Scryer to aid in such a delicate operation...
- Investigator Asric says: My services were rendered. The protection of the city is not my jurisdiction. I believe that's why they call you "peacekeepers?"
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: Had we been fully handling the investigation, I assure you, the evidence would have remained safe. Instead we used your highly questionable methods...
- Investigator Asric says: Of course. My methods are questionable. It was my methodology, I'll note, that exposed that "Griftah" as a fraud in the first place! You had only to keep the peace, and you failed in that simple task!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: [Draenei] Ashjrakamas nagasraka zekul (Translation: Incompetent, sniveling dandy.)
- Investigator Asric says: [Thalassian] Shan're dor'ano shan're (Translation: Pompous, uptight windbag.)
- Peacekeeper Jadaar and Investigator Asric glare at each other silently, their eyes narrowed.
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: How could you have lost the evidence?!
- Investigator Asric says: I thought it was secure! If your peacekeepers had the clout to control the thieves of this city, this wouldn't have happened!
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: You blame the peacekeepers for your failure? You were entrusted with a simple task. The troll was obviously a fraud!
- Investigator Asric says: And you're entrusted with keeping the city safe! How am I supposed to perform my simple task if the streets are thick with lowlifes? I can't spit in Shattrath without hitting some gruby burglar.
- Investigator Asric says: ...not that I would spit, of course.
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: I was trying to oust one of those lowlifes you so loathe permanently! Next time, I'll be certain to specify that I require a competent investigator!
- Investigator Asric says: [Thalassian] Ri osa FULO talah banthalos (Translation: Do you EVER cease prattling?)
- Investigator Asric says: [Thalassian] Diel nei dorNi ala ni ethala do ala ri shar diel mandalas (Translation: That man didn't pay me enough to put up with this blowhard...)
- Peacekeeper Jadaar says: What was that?
- Investigator Asric says: Oh, nothing. Merely thinking aloud.
Arguments at the Cantrips & Crows
- Jadaar says: Arrogant.
- Asric says: Braggart.
- Jadaar says: Craven.
- Asric says: Craven?! I am most certainly not! Are we not in the middle of a war z... ah.
- Jadaar holds up a finger.
- Asric says: What were we on? 'D'?
- Jadaar nods.
- Asric says: Dolt.
- Jadaar says: Remind me again why I tolerate your company, Asric.
- Asric smirks wryly.
- Asric says: I have decades of practice handling blowhards like yourself, and I'm the only one you know here in this abominably freezing land.
- Jadaar says: I should leave you to rot in this sewer with the filth.
- Asric says: No doubt.
- Jadaar says: You are beneath me.
- Asric says: A lowly worm, I'm sure.
- Jadaar says: Stop agreeing with me!
- Asric says: You're right, of course, it's a terrible practice.
- Jadaar says: AGH!
- Jadaar says: Look at us, elf. Look at us. Unemployed, destitute, and drinking swill from an establishment in the sewers named after a carrion bird!
- Asric says: Disgusting, I agree.
- Jadaar says: And above it all, I somehow find myself saddled with you, the very man who caused me to lose my job in the first place!
- Asric says: That was your doing, not mine, windbag. I found myself unemployed due to my unfortunate association with your failure.
- Jadaar says: My failure?! MY FAILURE?! It was your incompetence that landed us here, you insufferable prat!
- Asric rolls his eyes.
- Asric says: Come off it, Jadaar. That's all I've heard out of you for months. No matter what happened, the point is that we're free agents now! No longer tied to politics or duties, able to roam where we will!
- Jadaar says: Penniless and away from what we know in the middle of the frozen, undead-infested northland.
- Asric says: Perhaps, but with the opportunity to make names for ourselves! Think of the reception you'd have in Shattrath as the savior of Azeroth, slayer of the Scourge!
- Jadaar says: Eh.. perhaps, after another drink.
Conversations at The Aspirants' Ring
- Asric says: To your health, windbag.
- Jadaar says: And to yours, brat.
- They both take a swig from their mugs.
- Asric says: Now comes our chance at redemption, Jadaar. We could become heroes through this tournament!
- Jadaar says: I don't know. I am uncertain this is the proper vehicle to heroism.
- Asric says: What could be holding you back? You're hale, hearty... missing an eye perhaps, but that shouldn't keep you from competing!
- Jadaar says: I dislike elekks. Strongly.
- Asric says: Ah. That might be a problem.
- Jadaar says: Why aren't you competing?
- Asric says: I had a... situation some time back with one of the individuals now heading up the Sunreavers here. A falling out, if you will.
- Asric says: Needless to say, when I walked into the pavilion there was something of an altercation.
- Jadaar says: They refused to train you?
- Asric says: He suggested I do something else with the lance, instead. It's not my place to repeat vulgarities.
- Jadaar says: You realize, of course, that we would likely have to joust one another should we enter the tournament.
- Asric says: There is no doubt in my mind you'd lose. Speed and wit triumphs over brute strength and bullheadedness any day of the week.
- Jadaar says: Bullheadedness? It is my perseverance that has gotten us this far, dandy. You wouldn't last five seconds.
- Asric says: Typical empty boasting. Still, the stables are rather distant and the drinks here are decent enough.
- Jadaar says: I hear those lances are rough-hewn, too. I'm no fan of splinters.
- Asric says: Just as well.
- Jadaar says: If we do succeed here, you realize what comes next.
- Asric says: The Citadel, correct? Facing the Lich King's most powerful minions.
- Jadaar says: The two of us against the vast undead sea.
- Asric says: Indeed.
- Jadaar says: ...perhaps we should seek our fortune somewhere less likely to be fatal.
- Asric says: Discretion is the better part of valor, after all.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now appears on Darkmoon Island.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Moved from Dalaran to the Argent Tournament Grounds.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Moved from Shattrath City to Dalaran.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Moved from the Lower City to the World's End Tavern.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): Now argues with Investigator Asric regarding Griftah.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.
|Icecrown||Darkmoon Island||Shattrath City|