- For Biography, see Jan'alai.
|Race||Forest troll (Humanoid)|
Jan'alai is a boss of the level 85 version of Zul'Aman. He is considered the third boss of the instance and can still be found on the altar to the south-east.
- For the loa whose spirit he holds, see Jan'alai.
Dragonhawks are deft predators that rend their foes with razor-sharp talons. This mindset and method of attack were also favored by one of the Amani tribe's highly skilled rogues, Jan'alai.
Attacks & Abilities
- Flame Breath — Jan'alai chooses a random player, then turns and casts Flame Breath in their direction. The Flame Breath inflicts 39000 to 41000 Fire damage to all enemies in a frontal 60 degree cone from Jan'alai. The Flame Breath also leaves a line of fire that inflicts 19500 to 20500 Fire damage every 1 sec. to enemies within 4 yards of the path of flame.
- Fire Bomb — Jan'alai teleports to the middle of the platform and creates Fire Bombs around the platform. After five seconds Jan'alai detonates the Fire Bombs, inflicting 73125 to 76875 Fire damage to players within 3 yards of a Fire Bomb.
- Frenzy — At 20% remaining health, Jan'alai enters a Frenzy. This increases his Physical damage dealt by 50% and attack speed by 50%.
- Dragonhawk Eggs — Flanking Jan'alai's platform are 36 Dragonhawk Eggs. They can be hatched by Amani'shi Hatchers or by Jan'alai's Hatch All Eggs ability.
- Amani'shi Hatcher — Jan'ali periodically summons two Amani'shi Hatchers. They run to opposite sides of the platform and begin to hatch three Amani Dragonspawn Hatchlings every 1.5 seconds.
- Amani Dragonhawk Hatchling — These creatures have low health.
- Hatch All Eggs — At 35% remaining health, Jan'alai hatches all remaining Dragonhawk Eggs. The newly hatched Amani Dragonhawk Hatchlings then join the fight.
Avoid standing in Jan'alai's Flame Breath or close to his Fire Bombs, which will explode a short duration after all bombs have been placed.
Periodically, Jan'alai will summon two hatchers at the northern entrance to his arena. Kill one, while letting the other hatch all dragonhawk eggs on one side of the the arena. The hatched dragonhawks should be tanked and killed before resuming DPS on Jan'alai; the +5% fire damage debuff the dragonhawks stack on the tank can be dispelled efficiently. A second set of hatchers will eventually be summoned, allowing you to hatch and kill the other half of the dragonhawks in a controllable manner. When Jan'alai's health reaches 35%, all remaining eggs will be hatched.
Jan'alai frenzies at 20%, increasing his damage output somewhat.
- Spirits of da wind be your doom!
- Summoning Hatchers
- Where ma hatcha? Get to work on dem eggs!
- Summoning Bombs
- I burn ya now!
- At 35%
- I show you strength... in numbers.
- Killing a player
- It all be over now, mon!
- Jan'alai is voiced by Richard Epcar.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Added.