Jandice Barov (Classic)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- For information about the Mists of Pandaria encounter, see Jandice Barov.
Alexei (father), Illucia (mother),|
Alexi and Weldon (brothers)
Jandice Barov was once an archmage of Dalaran and a powerful illusionist. In life, she developed a spell that "displayed several images of her body that were nearly indistinguishable from her real form. These images duplicated her actions from different locations, making it nearly impossible for her enemies to find her. It was almost infallible." It is also said that Jandice stewards the blood of innocents from Doctor Theolen Krastinov to Kirtonos the Herald.
- Banish - Banishes an enemy, preventing all action but making it invulnerable for up to 5 sec. Only one target can be banished at a time.
- Curse of Blood - Increases the Physical damage taken by nearby enemies by 2 for 20 sec.
- Summon Illusions - Summons 15 illusions to aid the caster in combat and distract the enemy. Illusions last 30 sec.
While fighting, Jandice will split into duplicate images of herself, and the true Jandice will reappear along with them. These duplicates appear to be immune to AoE damage, but using a priest's on the true Jandice will quickly kill all the images as well. She will keep duplicating, so always throw the MF on her as needed. Subsequently a rogue can Jandice to prevent her from duplicating. As of late all Jandice's duplicates along with Jandice will have a health bar, so if Jandice does duplicate herself press the V button (default show target's health) to find the real Jandice by looking for the bar that has some out of it already and focus all attacks on her.
It is unknown if any form of shadow damage done to Jandice also harms her images or not.
Other spells she casts are Curse of Blood (10 min duration, increases physical damage dealt to target by 92) and Banish.
It is also useful to have each player in the group create a macro to target Jandice (/target Jandice will suffice). Once she splits into the images, repeatedly pressing this macro will allow the group to re-target her most efficiently. It was once useful to have a hunter mark Jandice, as the mark would remain on her when she re-appeared; however, this is no longer the case.
It is best to concentrate all DPS on Jandice until she drops. Dropping Jandice will result in the images despawning a few seconds later. Also, the trash mobs in this room tend to respawn much quicker than the other trash mobs in the instance, so it is imperative to finish her off as quickly as possible.
If you have a unit frames addon that supports a separate unit frame for your focus, before beginning the fight, target Jandice Barov and type in /focus. The frame will show up during the fight, disappear when she creates her images, and then reappear as soon as she is attackable.
- Jandice Barov loosens her grasp on the journal she had been clutching.
This is the Journal of Jandice Barov. It is now more flavour text than anything, but for more information, click the link.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Revamped.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Level reduced from 61 to 43.
- Patch 1.9.0 (2006-01-03): A book now spawns when Jandice is defeated that will teach tailors the pattern.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): Jandice Barov will now always drop at least one Rare item.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Blood of Innocents will now drop off Jandice Barov for players that have completed the Sarkhoff questline in Scholomance.