Lead Game Designer (World Design)
"Any references to "hoof to the face" need not be included. "
Jeffrey Kaplan (alias Tigole) is a Lead Game Designer at Blizzard Entertainment, formerly responsible for world design of World of Warcraft (and subsequent expansions), including "quests, outdoor zones, dungeons, raids etc."
He was a part of Team 4.
Jeff was hired by Blizzard because of his status as Tigole, guild leader for Legacy of Steel on The Nameless server of EverQuest. The guild had many world-first raid kills, and is attributed to helping shape Everquest and the MMO genre in general towards extreme emphasis on endgame content. The guild was formerly run by Rob Pardo, a long-time Blizzard employee and developer on Diablo II and Warcraft III. He began working on World of Warcraft in 2002.
In an "Ask Me Anything"-style thread in the Overwatch subreddit on March 13, 2017, Jeff revealed that he left WoW because he had been "feeling very fatigued after 6.5 years of working on WoW", while Titan presented a new challenge.
- Tigule, an intentional misspelling of his real nickname, Tigole.
- . See Tigule and Foror.
- Tigule and Foror's Special Blend, a spell used by .
As a player, his favorite genres are FPS and MMO.
- ^ Dev Chat 2005 (2005-12-19). Retrieved on 2008-02-27.
- ^ BlizzCon 2014 – Overwatch Unveiled Panel Transcript (2014-11-24). Retrieved on 2015-03-05.
- ^ Till We Meet Again (2009-02-12). Archived from the original on 2009-02-12. Retrieved on 2012-11-14.
- ^ Blizzard to Reveal What's New for Hearthstone at PAX East (2015-02-12). Retrieved on 2015-03-03.
- ^ Jeff Kaplan 2017-03-13. AMA Request: Jeff Kaplan. Reddit]. Archived from the original on 2017-03-14. Retrieved on 2017-03-13.
- ^ 2017-09-22, OVERWATCH: FROM CANCELLED PROJECT TO GAME OF THE YEAR - IGN EXPERT MODE EP. 3. IGN, retrieved on 2017-09-23