Jewelcrafting leveling guide 1-450
|This article or section may need to be wikified to meet Wowpedia's quality standards.
This WoW Jewelcrafting guide will show you the fastest and easiest way how to level your Jewelcrafting skill up from 1 to 450. Updated for WoW patch 3.2
Powerleveling your Jewelcrafting won't be cheap. Make sure you have enough gold, even if you have Mining. The best thing you can do is, you can try to sell the items you make. Just put them on AH. A lot of level 80 players are willing to buy low level items for their alt, if you can't sell something just disenchant it, and sell the shards/dust.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold. You also need to realize this is not a leveling guide, so if you are looking for a leveling guide, the best one is this 1 - 80 Leveling Guide.
Jewelcrafting is the best combined with Mining or the other option is Enchanting. Check out my Mining Guide or my Enchanting guide, if you want to level any of those professions. When you choose mining, you can save a lot of gold, because you can gather the materials, but it will take a lot of time. With Enchanting, you can Disenchant the items you make.
Approximate Materials Required for 1-450:
The materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Jewelcrafting.
- 20 or 20
- 120 (= 60 , 60 ) OR 60+
- 60 , OR 20 and 20
- 10 or 10
- 10 or 10
- 55 Green gems OR 40 Green gems and 15
- 52 (260 )
- Buy around 70 from any of the following gems: , , , , , . Make sure to buy at least 5 , 3 , 3 and 3 , because you will need the Bloodstones when you reach 395 and the other gems when you reach 440.
- 46 OR 23 and 23
- 7 - You might only need 5.
- 28 OR 28 , but you should buy less then 28 and buy more if you need them
WoW Jewelcrafting Leveling Guide 1 - 450
Save these, you will need them later.
50 - 150 Learn Jewelcrafting Journeyman.
Save these, you will need them later.
The design sold by these NPCs.
150 - 215 Learn Jewelcrafting Expert.
Save these, you will need 55 of them later.
200 - 300 Learn Jewelcrafting Artisan.
Make 60 of these, and if you reach skill 245 you don't need to make more, else you might need more of these later on.
300 - 350 Go to Outland and learn Jewelcrafting Master.
Now from this part of this Jewelcrafting guide, you will use recipes that are already yellow to you and since whole WoW is pretty random, you might just need 5 gems to reach your desired skill or maybe 10.
300-320 A nice alternative to 300-315 is this pattern:
When you learn these recipes, they are already yellow. I suggest you to cut 30 from any of the following gems, then you should reach 320.
320-325 Make 5-7 from any of the following gems.
325-335 Save these, you will need them later.
Make a few from any of the following gems, if you didn't reach 335.
335-340 Make 5-7 from any of the following gems.
You can go to Hellfire Peninsula and find Kalaen if you are Horde, Tatiana if you are Alliance. These NPCs sell the following recipes.
340 - 350 You can continue to make the gems above, if you didn't reach 350 by making the rings below.
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
350 - 450
- Go to Northrend and learn Jewelcrafting Grand Master.
350 - 395
- Buy around 55 from any of the following gems. After 375, the recipes will be yellow so you might need less or more.
Cut any random gem you want. Seriously there are like 50 new green gem recipes, I won't list all of them. Go to your trainer, learn one and make that recipe around 55 times.
395 - 400
- Make 5 from any of the following items:
400 - 420
420 - 425
- You better make this yellow recipe until it turns green, because after this, there will be only meta gems, and they are a lot more expensive. Forest Emerald is usually the cheapest gem.
425 - 440
There are plenty of meta gem recipes, choose one of them and make it 15 times. You can learn some recipes from your trainer, and some of them are sold by Tiffany Cartier in Dalaran, there is also a lot of them dropped by bosses and mobs around Northrend.
440 - 441
441 - 450
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
|This article is a profession ability stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
450 - 467
- Make approximately 20 uncommon Cataclysm gems, or 17x Hessonite Bands.
467 - 475
- Make 8x Hessonite Bands.
475 - 495
- At this point, jewelcrafting daily quests are now available. Alliance adventurers can visit Isabel Jones in Stormwind for these quests, and Horde adventurers can visit Marith Lazuria in Orgrimmar.
- Make 20x Nightstone Chokers or any rare Cataclysm gem from the daily jewelcrafting quests.
495 - 520
- Make Meta Gems or gems from the daily jewelcrafting quests.
520 - 525
- Make Fire Prisms each day, after the 20-hour cooldown has ticked over.