Jeweled panthers are a type of cats that appear to be made out of gemstone. Legends say that an ancient pandaren emperor crafted the first jeweled panther for his son after the boy's twin brother died of an illness.
As a companion pet
As a mount
- Main article: Jeweled panther mounts
- Trade Prince Gallywix recently ordered dozens of glittering jewel-encrusted cats to roam the grounds of his pleasure palace.
- While each sapphire cub is crafted in the same fashion, tiny imperfections in the gemstones create a unique personality when imbued with life. They are, however, always playful and friendly.
- Considered to be lucky, tigers carved of jade are prized, but taming a jade tiger itself is an even greater prize.
- The onyx panther is invisible at night, like a stalking shadow, and disappears with the dawn.
- A rarely seen family of tigers, many believe (perhaps incorrectly) that some residual magic or other event is responsible for the unique color of the zipao tiger.