|Title||Master of Huojin
Leader of Huojin Pandaren
|Affiliation(s)||Horde, Huojin Pandaren, Order of the Broken Temple|
|Occupation||Horde diplomatic representative of Pandaren|
|Mentor(s)||Master Shang Xi|
- “In situations like these, the clear answer is the only answer. These monkeys will leave when we force them to leave! To not defend our town and those we love would be the only true crime. Thus is the way of the Huojin.”
Ji Firepaw is a pandaren and a follower of the more direct Huojin philosophy, is adamant that inaction is the greatest injustice. He holds that it’s honorable to defend home and family no matter the cost. Outgoing, passionate, and not one for deep thought, he is always the first into the fray. Ji finds himself attracted to the practicality that defines the Horde. Although it will cost him dearly, he will decide to carry the Horde banner when he leaves the Wandering Isle.
After the Wandering Isle, Ji can be found as a monk trainer outside the Ring of Valor in Orgrimmar's Valley of Honor. The Orgrimmar Grunts, when asked where the monk trainer is, comment that Ji watches the fights in the arena, and occasionally participates himself.
Li Li's Travel Journal
Mists of Pandaria
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Ji and Aysa Cloudsinger met the pandaren adventurers sent by Master Shang Xi in an effort to recover the four elemental spirits. After recovering Huo, Ji was unable to wake Wugou until the coming of the adventurers sent by Aysa. Afterward, Ji led an assault to the Morning Breeze Village to solve the hozen problem. When the elemental spirits were recovered, the pandaren discovered that the pain of Shen-zin Su was a thorn - The Skyseeker. Ji decided to blow up what was left of the Skyseeker, causing him to fall out with Aysa. With the battle between the Horde and the Alliance affecting their land, Ji chose to join the Horde at any cost. To prove his loyalty, he fought in the Ring of Valor against a gronn, an ettin and a magnataur for Garrosh Hellscream.
Siege of Orgrimmar
This section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Imprisoned by the Kor'kron and beaten unconscious, Ji is later rescued by Aysa Cloudsinger and taken out of Orgrimmar. Begging him to live, Aysa promised that the two of them could return to the turtle and be together.
Ji survived and served as a liaison for the Horde and Taran Zhu during the trial of Garrosh Hellscream, such as directing the Horde leaders to an appropriate temple for a discussion of Garrosh's defender.
This section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
True to her words at the Siege of Orgrimmar, Aysa and Ji returned to the Wandering Isle. They can be found in Mandori Village after the isle becomes the monk Order Hall, teaching monk trainees together.
When a Horde player reaches Prestige Rank 2, Ji can be found in the Undercity alongside other notable leaders of the Horde. During , he is present at the ceremony hosted by Warchief Sylvanas Windrunner that congratulates the character for their battles against the Alliance, following their receiving of the from the Warchief, as well as an artifact appearance.
Ji Firepaw was not present for the Orgrimmar parade or the dinner as he was far away. His followers, however, participated in the feast.
He later arrived to the Orgrimmar Embassy with the other leaders.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Siege of Orgrimmar (instance)||90||11,494|
- I'm with you.
- The time to act is always now.
- The greatest virtue is the will to act.
- It's good to see you!
- The Huojin have a way of dealing with people like you.
- It involves fists.
- Wu-Song Village
The only true crime is inaction.
- Dai-Lo Farmstead
Hah! Waking this guy is no easy feat! I've hit him, I've tried to pull him over with a rope, I've thrown my body into this gong, and nothing! Ah well, I've got more ideas to get started on.
- Morning Breeze Village
The amount of time Aysa spends practicing seems excessive... but you can't deny the results. Her form is beautiful.
Aysa? I don't know what to say to her. Should I tell her she's gorgeous, or would she find that creepy? Maybe I could tell her I admire her poise - but then she might think I don't have any personality!
This day seems to be one full of hard decisions. Having the courage to make them is gravely important, for the sake of us all. I did what I had to do, and we may have all been doomed if I had not… but sadly, not all see it that way.
It is time for me to leave Shen-zin Su, that those here might be free from the burden of my difficult choice, and that I might fight on for the sake of a much larger world.
I've only known Korga a short time, but he and I could be brothers if he were born in a different skin - he possesses bravery and honor that I would gladly stand beside. You too could be my <brother/sister>, after all we've been through together. I'm hoping you might join us, but I understand that there is much to consider.
These are my kind of people. You can really feel like they're going somewhere!
Anyways, what can I show you about being a monk, friend?
<Ji Firepaw meditates in silence.>
During the Mists of Pandaria beta a forum post on the Mists of Pandaria Beta Feedback forum sought to highlight what some saw as a form of sexism. Ji Firepaw greeted female characters saying "Hello, friend! You're some kind of gorgeous, aren't you? I bet you can't keep the men off of you! Join me! You and I are going to be good friends!" To men, he instead said "Hello, friend! You've got a strong look to you! I bet you're all the rage with the ladies! Join me! You and I are going to be good friends!" This form was followed by a very long discussion.
As a result, this interaction was changed during beta. Ji now simply greets characters of either gender by saying, "You seem poised and ready. I can tell we are going to be good friends." Zarhym commented that "...Your feedback has been received. I don't think we need another 100+ pages of discussion about one line of quest text or this will end up being a very long beta."
Notes & trivia
- Ji is the only Horde leader not to appear in .
- During the quests where Ji is provided as a companion, his generic name is "Huojin Monk".
- Waiting for too long in Siege of Orgrimmar before attacking Kor'kron will cause them to execute Ji, after which Aysa will charge into them for revenge and get killed too.
- Ji is voiced by Michael Hawley.
- If the player uses the /hug emote while targeting Ji in Morning Breeze Village, he'll return the hug.
- In Pinyin, Ji Firepaw's name is " 紀 ‧ 火爪 " (Jì Huǒ'zhǎo). The Chinese character " 火 " (huǒ) literally means "fire" and " 爪 " (zhǎo) means "claw". Ji is an actual Chinese surname.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added in the Legion version of Temple of Five Dawns.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Revamped to 90.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.
- Aysa Cloudsinger, his Alliance counterpart
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ Annual 2015
- ^ Mists of Pandaria Press Tour. MMO-Champion (2012-03-19). Retrieved on 2012-03-19.
- ^ Wandering Isle storyline
- ^ War Crimes, chapter 2
- ^ Before the Storm, chapter 3
- ^ Why is Blizzard still OK with gender inequality in World of Warcraft?
- ^ Ji Firepaw Part ...huh?
- ^ Voice Over: World of Warcraft
- ^ 熊貓人 - WoW. Retrieved on 2018-05-17.