These jokes are partially a descendant of "repeated click" responses from the real time strategy (RTS) games, wherein you could repeatedly click on a unit and it would begin saying strange things after a few clicks. You can still get "irritation responses" from NPCs in World of Warcraft by repeatedly clicking on them.
Unlike any other class in the game, demon hunters have entirely new voice acting unique to their class. This includes the /silly emotes, which will also be listed in its own section.
- See also
- 1 Alliance
- 1.1 Draenei female
- 1.2 Draenei male
- 1.3 Dwarf female
- 1.4 Dwarf male
- 1.5 Gnome female
- 1.6 Gnome male
- 1.7 Human female
- 1.8 Human male
- 1.9 Night elf female
- 1.10 Night elf male
- 1.11 Worgen female
- 1.12 Worgen male
- 1.13 Dark Iron dwarf female
- 1.14 Dark Iron dwarf male
- 1.15 Kul Tiran female
- 1.16 Kul Tiran male
- 1.17 Lightforged draenei female
- 1.18 Lightforged draenei male
- 1.19 Mechagnome female
- 1.20 Mechagnome male
- 1.21 Void elf female
- 1.22 Void elf male
- 2 Horde
- 2.1 Blood elf female
- 2.2 Blood elf male
- 2.3 Goblin female
- 2.4 Goblin male
- 2.5 Orc female
- 2.6 Orc male
- 2.7 Tauren female
- 2.8 Tauren male
- 2.9 Troll female
- 2.10 Troll male
- 2.11 Undead female
- 2.12 Undead male
- 2.13 Highmountain tauren female
- 2.14 Highmountain tauren male
- 2.15 Mag'har orc female
- 2.16 Mag'har orc male
- 2.17 Nightborne female
- 2.18 Nightborne male
- 2.19 Vulpera female
- 2.20 Vulpera male
- 2.21 Zandalari troll female
- 2.22 Zandalari troll male
- 3 Neutral
- 4 Demon hunters
- 5 Other
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External links
- "Why does everyone have trouble with the name of our people? It sounds just like it is spelled."
- "How exactly do you crash into a planet? That's what I want to know."
- "Yes, they are real, and they can cut glass."
- "Single Draenei female seeks blacksmith with grinding wheel to take care of me and my gorgeous hooves."
- "Look at my hoof! Does this crack look infected to you?"
- "'Stop and ask for directions', I told him. But no, 'It's inter-dimensional', he says. 'What can go wrong?'"
- "This planet has a tremendous supply of sandstone. The inhabitants must be wealthy beyond their dreams." (A reference to the TV show ALF)
- "I have a wonderful recipe. Bring two gnomes, two eggs. Beat Gnomes, separate the eggs- or was it... eh, details."
These appear to have been removed since the The Burning Crusade beta:
- "Do Gnomes have a vibrate setting? I'm just curious."
- "What do you mean 'there's an octopus on my face'?"
- "I love this planet! I come here; I see cow and chicken and ride little horsies. THIS PLANET HAS EVERYTHING!" (A reference to a comic act by Yakov Smirnoff)
- "You know, our tails add to our natural balance and agility, ha!" *Loud noise of metal crashing to the floor*
- "We have it all figured out. Step One: We land the Exodar. Step Three: We defeat Legion and go home... there is only one detail missing." (Reference to the Underpants Gnomes of South Park)
- "When we arrived here I lost many jewels that had been in my family for generations. If you could get your hands on my family jewels I would be deeply appreciative."
- "We did not realize, but in Naaru language 'Exodar' means 'defective elekk turd'."
- "No they're not real, but thanks for noticing."
- "I don't like to be underground. It reminds me of death."
- "I like my ale like I like my men: Dark and rich."
- "It's like my father always used to say: 'Shut up, and get out.' "
- "My Uncle has brass balls, no really!"
- "I give myself a Dutch oven pedicure every night. I've got no foot fungus at all. My toes are pristine."
- "Hi hooo, hi hooo... ehh, uhh, second verse, same as the first."
- "Ahhh, winter... Yes... Winter..."
- ('Rip!') "Oh, I'm having a wardrobe malfunction! ('twang') Ooo, there's me hammer."
- "I don't have a drinkin' problem! I drink, I get drunk, I fall down. No problem!" (A reference of Too Hot by Swollen Members)
- "I don't drink anymore... 'course, I don't drink any less either!"
- "I like my beer like I like my women: Stout and bitter."
- "Oh, I'm just a social drinker. Every time someone says, 'I'll have a drink', I say, 'So shall I'!"
- "I apologize profusely for any inconvenience my murderous rampage may have caused."
- "I've discovered that getting pummeled by a blunt weapon can be quite painful."
- "You know... squirrels can be deadly when cornered."
- "Some day, I hope to find the nuggets on a chicken."
- "You know, I really wish I had a garden where I could put a couple of human statues."
- "I think that last Vendor short changed me. <chuckling> Oh, that was a bad one."
- "I do hope to find some interesting gadgets around here. I do love tinkering with things."
- "I had an idea for a device that you could put small pieces of bread in to cook, but in the end I really didn't think there'd be much of a market for it." (This is, of course, a reference to the ever-present toaster.)
- "I'd like to give a shout out to my boys in Gnomeregan. Keeping it real Big-T, Snoop-Pup and Little Dees. Y'all are short, but you're real, baby!" (All hip-hop rappers references.)
- "I look bigger in those mirrors where things look bigger."
The following has been moved to the /flirt emote:
- "I like large posteriors and I cannot prevaricate." (This is likely a reference to "Baby Got Back" by rapper Sir Mix-a-Lot, using relatively abstruse language to rephrase a bawdy chorus lyric)
- "Why does everyone automatically assume I know tailoring and cooking?"
- "Do you ever feel like you're not in charge of your own destiny, like... you're being controlled by an invisible hand?"
- "Sometimes, I have trouble CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!" (A reference to Austin Powers)
- "I like to fart in the tub."
- "Me and my girlfriends exchange clothes all the time; we're all the same size." (Referencing how, outside of unique models, all NPCs of the same race are the same body type and size)
- "I can't find anywhere to get my nails done."
- "I can't wait till this quest is done and I can look for another Garibaldi artifact." (A reference to the tv show Alias in which Sydney Bristow (played by Jennifer Garner) was often sent around the world to search for the artifacts of Milo Rambaldi.)
- "Cover for me! I gotta whiz behind a tree."
- "So, an orc walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says 'Hey, where'd you get that?' The parrot says 'Durotar. They've got them all over the place!'"
- "A duck walked into an Apothecary and said 'Give me some ChapStick... and put it on my bill!'"
- "How does a Tauren hide in a cherry tree? He paints his hooves red!"
- "A guy walked up to me and said 'I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam, I'm a teepee, I'm a wigwam!' and I said 'Relax man, you're too tense!'" (two tents)
- "So, I have this idea for a great movie. It's about two gnomes who find a bracelet of power, and they have to take it to the Burning Steppes and cast it into the Cauldron. They form the Brotherhood of the Bracelet. Along the way they're trailed by a murloc named Gottom, who's obsessed with the bracelet, and nine bracelet bogeymen. It could be a three-parter, called 'Ruler of the Bracelet'. The first part would be called 'The Brotherhood of the Bracelet', followed by 'A Couple of Towers', with the climactic ending called 'Hey, the King's Back!'" (A reference to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Erroneously, The Cauldron is in Searing Gorge, not Burning Steppes.)
Night elf female
- "You know, I have to keep moving at night. Or I'll disappear!" (In WC3, was a passive ability exclusive to female night elves. When they stopped moving at night, the ability would activate automatically.)
- "Actually, I'm more of a... Morning Elf."
- "You know, Wisps are actually pretty useful for personal hygiene."
- "I think guys just use the Emerald Dream as an excuse to avoid calling me back." (Referring to how night elf druids, who for most of history were solely male, would spend centuries or even millennia asleep in the Emerald Dream, not seeing their loved ones during that entire time)
- (Sarcastically) "Oh, look, I'm dancing again! (Darkly) I hope all your friends are enjoying the show..." (A possible reference to how a night elf female's idle animation includes them bouncing up and down)
Night elf male
- "Last night I went to an awesome stag party." (Also known as a bachelor party.)
- "You know those Ancient Protectors in Darnassus? They're not that old."
- "Man, I was halfway through the Emerald Dream when I had to pee."
- "Is that thing sharp? Could that thing cut me? I'm... not immortal now you know." (A reference to the fact that when the night elves destroyed Nordrassil to prevent the return of the Burning Legion, they lost their immortality, as well as the common fantasy legend of elves being immortal in their forest.)
- "I don't know about you, but I can't understand a thing those Wisps say. I usually just nod."
- "Who wants to live forever?" (A reference to the fact that when the night elves destroyed Nordrassil to prevent the return of the Burning Legion, they lost their immortality; also the title of one of Queen's greatest hits.)
- "What? I didn't hear that." (A reference to elves having big ears and thus better hearing than other races.)
- "I don't mind the Gnomes, but I'm always worried about tripping over one."
- "Yes, I've tried shaving; it doesn't work. Trust me."
- (howls) "I don't really know why we do that."
- (coughs up a hairball and splutters) "Ahem... pardon."
- "At least we don't sparkle." (a reference to Twilight. The vampires' skins would 'sparkle' if they stepped into sunlight.)
- "I love Darnassus... trees everywhere." (Dogs stereotypically prefer to urinate on trees)
- "For the holiday, he tried to give me a bone. No...a bone. An ordinary bone. What did you think I...oh..." (a reference to the phrase "giving the dog a bone".)
- (sniffs) " Mmmm that's like...(sniffs) is that bacon? (sniffs) Hey guys, I smell...(sniffs) Do you smell bacon? Bacon, anyone?! (sniffs) Oh, that's bacon! Bacon! Who's got the bacon?! WHERE'S THE BACON?!" (Possible reference to Beggin Strips dog treats, or to simply usual dogs' hyperactive nature, especially around aromatic food)
- "Excuse me, could I just, uhm... sniff your backside for a second."
- "Something under your cloak smells heavenly."
- "Come closer, I don't bite... often... usually... sometimes... actually, you might want to keep your distance."
- "Since the change, I find I prefer my meat 'rare', now... Raw, even... Perhaps, struggling."
- "It's nothing personal, I just don't feel that I really know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
- "So then she says to me: 'What big teeth you have'; I mean, what do you say to that?" (reference to Little Red Riding Hood)
- "I love Darnassus... trees everywhere."
- "Alright: I've got hairy palms. So what?" (A possible reference to the old tale that if someone masturbates, they will grow hair on their palms and thus everyone will know)
- "Worgen hard? Or hardly Worgen?" (reference to the saying Working hard or hardly working?)
- "I'll show you a full moon!"
- "Did you know I'm a Worgen donor?"
- "Are you into furries?"
Dark Iron dwarf female
- "I once had a pet bird. I used to tell him "By fire be 'perched'." (chuckles) "Ah, Sooty. I miss ya."
- "I live in a volcano. Personal hygiene... ain't exactly high on my list of priorities."
- "Ah, me ma and da met at the Grim Guzzler... ha! Come to think of it, everybody's ma and da met at the Grim Guzzler!" (laughs)
- "Stop, drop, and roll... and just what is that supposed to mean?"
- "The secret to living a happy life at the forge? Well, flame resistant hair nets, of course!"
- "Ha, I always wanted a pair of diamond earrings... think Magni would notice if I chipped off a couple of bits?"
- "Some dwarves just wanna watch the world burn. I happen to be one of them."
Dark Iron dwarf male
- "That Magni Bronzebeard thinks he's so clever... but I can see right through him!"
- "Come 'ere a second. I wanna axe ye a question." (guffaws)
- "My wife complains I leave soot all over the furniture. I say... it adds CHARACTER!"
- "A night elf laughed at me for living inside a volcano. Well, at least I don't have to worry about my mountain burnin' down, now DO I?!" (laughs, then pauses) "What, too soon?"
- "When a core hound messes on yer carpet, ye don't bother with a towel - ye grab a fire extinguisher!" (laughs)
- "I'm a very passionate fellow. Can ye tell by the fire in me eyes?!" (laughs)
Kul Tiran female
- "Say what you will about the war, but at least it finally put Kul Tiras on the map."
- "What's the best fruit for avoiding scurvy? Naval oranges, of course."
- "I just got some piercings done at a great price. Only a buccaneer!"
- "What do you say to a lazy crew? Best get a -kraken."
- "Some were shocked that Lord Stormsong made a bargain with Azshara, but I always knew he smelled fishy!"
- "Did you know that roughly 3.14% of sailors are pi-rates?"
- "There's one thing I can never forgive Lady Jaina for. Losing her accent."
Kul Tiran male
- "A Priest, a Mage and a Warlock walk into a bar. Then, another. And... Another. Kul Tiras has a lot of bars."
- "What do you do when your boat's under the weather? Take it to the dock!"
- "Are you in the market to buy a ship? I've got one that's....on sail."
- "What do you call a hundred drunk sailors? A good start, hahaha!"
- "I often get asked if I'm from Drustvar. Must be my resting witch face!"
- "Why is it that every mainlander immediately jumps to the conclusion that Kul Tiras is infested with Old Gods? Sure, we make giant tentacle statues and carve squid faces all over the place but... oh... yeah... I see!"
Lightforged draenei female
- "Toes are overrated; hooves make pedicures go SOOOO much faster!"
- "NO! I do NOT have a glowing stamp above my tail!"
- "We haven't crashed the Vindicaar yet, but given our track record... it's only a matter of time.
- "I don't recommend walking barehoof on the Vindicaar; we keep finding tiny shards of crystal that didn't get swept up."
- "Have you met my dog? His name is 'Barkenon Puppos'! <giggles>"
- "One downside of being lightforged is that my S.E.L.F.I.E.S are always overexposed."
- "Turalyon was the only human I saw for a thousand years - I assumed all of them were grizzled and scarred."
- "Have you seen Prophet Velen's new dance? He calls it the 'Mac'Areena'!"
Lightforged draenei male
- "Face tentacles!? We do NOT have face tentacles! If we did, that would mean Draenei are secretly emissaries of the Void, gaining your trust as we infiltrate your society so that we can bring about its end; and I'm certain you're not implying THAT, are you?"
- "I thought my tattoo said 'Light's Defender' in Naaru. I found out it actually says 'glowing goat'."
- This world of yours is very strange. Talking bears who practice kung fu!? On Argus, we call that a circus!"*
- "My life for Aiur *coughs* ... erm, Argus. My life for ARGUS!"
- "If one more of you natives calls me a walking chandelier, I swear I'll..."
- "Sorry if my tattoos look a little... dim. I forgot to charge my battery last night."
- "After being aboard a ship for so long, it is nice to walk on solid ground again. All those hard surfaces were murder on my hooves."
- "The Vindicaar is a fast ship. You could say it travels at <chuckles> light speed."
- "A lot of people say binary jokes aren't funny, but wait until you hear my bit!"
- "Any chance you could lend me a hand? Mine's in the shop."
- "Hey, are you wearing a wire? They're all the rage right now."
- "I like to make jokes about the elements, but only periodically."
- "Sometimes you just have to kick back, relax, and recharge."
- "What do you call it when two robots get into a fight? Assault and battery!"
- "When an Alliance soldier yells 'To arms!', my first question is 'Which ones? I've got like a dozen to choose from!'"
- "Being a mechagnome is great, but have you ever met a megagnome? They're huge! At least four feet tall!"
- "Electric sheep? No, I dream of explosive sheep!" (Reference to Philip K. Dick's 1968 science fiction novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and to the Engineering gadget.)
- "I'll have you know, my favorite type of music is not heavy metal. It's industrial."
- "I'm here now, but I used to be Mecha-gone!"
- "It takes nerves of steel to be a mechagnome, though recently we've switched to titanium."
- "Sometimes I just feel like a cog in the machine, you know?"
- "Why yes, I do have a vibrate setting! Why does everyone keep asking?"
Void elf female
- "No, we do not drink blood; that's the san'layn, totally different emo elf."
- "First was high, then blood, and now void; get the order right!"
- "Oh who does my hair? You might have heard of my stylist, its called THE VOID."
- "*chuckle* Gloomy? I'm not gloomy. I just dress that way and... talk that way and... act that way."
- "You think you have a dark side? Elf please."
- "Well, yes! Technically, the Void does want to consume the entire cosmos. But I'll settle for a smaller bite... for now."
- "No matter how much you plead, I will not sprout tentacles or turn into a giant eyeball! Well... I might... but not because you asked."
Void elf male
- "I know what you're thinking, "Oh goody another elf", well I bet you weren't expecting a void elf, now were you?"
- "If you're looking for tall, dark, and brooding, that's me. Well... dark and brooding, at least."
- "Say what you will about the tenets of the void, at least it's an ethos."
- "Would you believe purple has always been my favorite color; even before I went void, I mean."
- "Alleria is my favorite Windrunner sister. Edgier than Vereesa, but slightly less homicidal than the dead one."
- "The fact that I wield void energies doesn't mean I plan to consume everything I see! After all, I have a figure to maintain."
- "Old Gods, I mean, REALLY?! Some have mouths for eyes, others have eyes for mouths. Talk about a hot mess."
Blood elf female
- "Ugh I hate Thunder Bluff! You can't find a good burger anywhere."
- "So I went to this troll spa the other day and I wound up with dreadlocks and a frigging bone in my nose! I mean come on! Who PAYS for that?"
- "I went to Undercity to get a facial. Ha! Have you seen these people? I said, 'You don't have a lower jaw and you're going to give ME a facial?' She got mad...at least I think she did. You ever heard someone talk without a lower jaw? 'Rawe-rau-werew' Ho-ho! She sounded like a murloc!"
- "Do you think the expansion will make me fat?"
- "So you mean I'm stuck with this hair color?!" (This quote was from pre-Patch 3.0.2, which since included the barber shop.)
- "How can I miss you if you don't go away?" (A song by Dan Hicks (singer))
- "Mirrors can't talk. Luckily for you, they can't laugh either!"
Blood elf male
- "Give me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to... *angry grunt* Just give me some freakin' magic before I kill somebody!" (This is a reference to the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr; the ending is "...and the wisdom to know the difference." This is also the prayer said in A.A. Blood elves all struggle with their natural addiction to magic.)
- "I'm trying to cut back on arcane magic... look, I got the patch." (Reference to smoking cigarettes and nicotine patches, which are used to try and wean a person off of nicotine, the addictive chemical in cigarettes.)
- "We're allied with the Tauren? Fantastic! We'll be having steak twice a week."
- "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" (A reference to the Pussycat Dolls song "Dont'Cha".)
- (Sighs) "I could really use a scrunchy... yeah, you heard me!"
- "So I was in line to the Bat Handler yesterday with some undead guy in front of me and all of the sudden he just lets one go! Didn't even try to disguise it! I don't know what he ate but it did not agree with him. I thought, 'What crawled up YOU and died?'"
- "The problem with these Horde characters is they lack sophistication. *farts*"
- "Yes, I'm a gold digger... and copper and silver." (possible reference to Kanye West's song Gold Digger, though it is more likely a play on words, as a gold digger is a female who becomes a mans girlfriend/wife just to gain their finances and a female goblin would be not only a gold digger, but also a silver and copper digger because goblins are usually greedy. It may also be meant literally due to these being precious metals and thus would be sought after by goblins in general.)
- "My adventure portfolio is up. But most of my liquid assets right now are tied up in positivist super annuity remortgagement futures, born on margin. That's a sure thing."
- "It's a sure thing! With the right bribes, anything is street legal."
- "Listen babe. The world is changing. Everything these days is now, now, NOW, faster faster, FASTER, me, me, ME, murder, murder, MURDER! I'm a modern goblin woman."
- "Independent? I still let men do nice things to me. But I stopped giving them any credit." (reference to Madonna's song Material Girl)
- "I'm a free spirit. I don't like to be tied down. What? You mean literally? Oh no... totally into that." (Referencing BDSM)
- "If at first you don't succeed: blow it up again." (original ends with "try again")
- "Skip to step three: profit." (reference to the South Park episode: Gnomes)
- "I don't make jokes... I make money."
- "Out of the way you nobgoblin!"
- "One word: plastics." (an almost exact line from the movie The Graduate.)
- "I dabbled in gold farming. But I couldn't get the coins to sprout. (chuckles)"
- "Ooo! I got it! What if we were to organize crime? Yeah."
- "She told me to tie her up and do whatever I wanted to her... so I took her stereo!" (Possible continuation of the female goblin joke.)
- "I am the little friend. Say hello." (reference to the movie Scarface where Tony Montana (played by Al Pacino) says "Say hello to my little friend!")
- When in doubt... blow it up. (chuckles)"
- "Skip to step three: profit." (reference to the South Park episode: Gnomes)
- "I don't make jokes... I make money."
- "Out of the way you nobgoblin!"
- "My family comes from a long line of goblin sappers leaving their mark; my grandfather's was thirty meters across." (reference to goblin sappers)
- "Darn, I need to get my chest waxed again!"
- "I feel very feminine, and I'll beat the crap out of ANYONE who disagrees!"
- "What's estrogen? Can you eat it?"
- "I have no respect for people with small piercings. I say go full hog. Put a spear through your head."
- "Man. I think that boar meat's comin back on me. I gotta hit the can. Anyone have a hearthstone?"
- "Get between me and my food, and you'll lose a hand."
- (Sung)"I come from the Orcs. We eat with spoons and forks. We love to eat our pork!"
- "It's not easy being green." (Reference to a song sung by Kermit the frog)
- "Orc smash!" (A reference to the Hulk)
- "Stop poking me! Well, that was okay." (A running gag since Warcraft I. Orc 'Peon' units would say "Stop poking me!" if repeatedly selected.)
- "Man, dawg, you know, it's like I'm feeling you, but I'm not feeling you, you know?" (A reference to Randy Jackson on American Idol.)
- "I will CRUSH and DESTROY and... ooo... shiny..."
- "One time I laughed so hard I milked all over the floor."
- "You know how hard it is to get your groove on with the spirit of your great grandmother watching over you?"
- "In my native tongue, my name is Dances with Tassels." (A reference to the movie Dances with Wolves.)
- "Happy tauren come from Mulgore." (A reference to the "Happy Cows come from California" commercials.)
- "Homogenized? No way, I like the ladies."
- (Dryly) "'Moo'. Are you happy now?"
- "Y’know, tauren are born hunters. You ever see a tauren catch a salmon out of a stream? It really is quite exciting. You ever see a tauren stalk a python? 'Course you haven't. That's because tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings." (Possibly a reference to the tauren rogue joke.)
- "Here’s the beef!" (A reference to a Wendy's restaurant chain ad slogan, "Where's the beef?")
- "I know it seems strange, but I'm practically a cow, so why am I wearing leather?"
- "Mess with the bull, you get the horns." (A quote from The Breakfast Club.)
- "Da way to a man's heart is through his stomach, but I go through da ribcage!" (Referencing trolls penchant for cannibalism. It should be noted, however, that the Darkspear trolls, aka the playable trolls, do not practice it.)
- "Strong halitosis be but one of my feminine traits." (Halitosis is the scientific term for bad breath)
- "I feel pretty. Oh so pretty." <spitting sound>. (A reference to West Side Story.)
- "If cannibalism be wrong, I don't want to be right!" (A reference to the joke: “If being a carnivore/omnivore is Wrong! I don’t want to be Right!”. A joke aimed at vegetarianism/veganism.)
- "I got all this, and personality too."
- "I've got a shrunken head: I just came out of the pool." (Possible reference to an episode of Seinfeld, and to the act of shrinking heads for voodoo rituals, a type of magic trolls do practice.)
- "I heard if you cut off an extremity it'll regenerate a little bigger. Don't believe it." (Referencing how trolls have far above average regeneration abilities. Vol'jin cut off his own shattered thumb knowing it would grow back, and it's said that some trolls can regenerate whole limbs, though complex organs such as an eye cannot be regrown.
- "New Troll here." (This is a reference to Warcraft II; every time a new Troll Axe Thrower was produced by the barracks, it would say "New troll here," to let you know it was ready.)
- "Cooking's done. Stew here!"
- "I like my women dumpy and droopy with halitosis." (Halitosis is the scientific term for bad breath)
This one has been removed from the game:
- "I kill two dwarves in da morning, I kill two dwarves at night,
I kill two dwarves in the afternoon, and then I feel alright.
I kill two dwarves in time of peace and two in time of war,
I kill two dwarves before I kill two dwarves, and then I kill two more." (The Toyes song "Smoke 2 joints", which was covered by Sublime. It was likely removed due to its reference to drug usage.)
- "You don't need deodorant when you don't have any armpits!"
- "Yes, they're REAL! They're not mine, but they're real!"
- "I'd paint my toenails, but I'm not sure where they FELL OFF!"
- "Ah, doornails." (Referencing the phrase "dead as a doornail.")
- "I heard a knee slapper once, and skipped my kneecap right across a lake."
- "You know, once you're dead, nothin' smells bad anymore. Rotten eggs? No problem. Dead fish? Like a spring breeze."
- "This stinks."
- "I'm in a rotten mood."
- "Roses are gray, violets are gray, I'm dead and colorblind." (A reference to the popular poem by Sir Edmund Spencer: "Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet and so are you.")
- "I'm dead... and I'm pissed."
- "Hey diddle diddle, the mucous and the spittle. The corpse sank in the lagoon. The murloc said 'mmmmm' to see such a sight, and the dwarf spanked the baboon." (This is a reference to an English nursery rhyme: "Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon. The little dog laughed to see such sport, and the dish ran away with the spoon." "Spanking the baboon" is a euphemism for masturbation.)
- "Anyone have any odorant? Either 'Wet Dog', 'Fresh Garbage', or 'Low Tide' would do." (A reference to the movie Monsters, Inc.)
- "I can't stand the smell of Orcs."
Highmountain tauren female
- "I know Ethel; she's actually a very fast walker. She just thinks it's funny to mess with tourists.
- "<gasp> He said my eyes were milky. Talk about a MOOOOOOOOD killer."
- "Tauren make the best poets. Their verse is so... MOOOOOOOOOOO-ving."
- "Brrrrrr, it's cold in here. In the MOOOOOOOD for some ice cream?"
- "What do you get when you feed cocoa to a Highmountain tauren? Chocolate moose!"
- "We are Highmountain! Unless you're leaving, then we're 'Goodbye-mountain'!"
- "I'm not usually into drogbar, but when I see them working out in that brul gym, well... let's just say the 'deep places of the earth' get a little steamy."
- "Why are the Rivermane always so calm? Because they've learned to go with the flow."
Highmountain tauren male
- "Let's play a game. We take a drink every time a harpy screeches about earth and stone."
- "Did you just try to hang your hat on my antlers? What do I look like, a coat rack?!"
- "A tauren, a yaungol, and a taunka walk into a bar. This isn't a joke: it's my family reunion!"
- "I may be a simple tauren from the mountains, but at least I don't dig through worm dung for loot."
- "Why does that draenei couple keep asking me where Rocky is?"
- "<laughs> A buddy of mine convinced this epic-geared adventurer to kick fish into the river! <chuckles, then pauses> Oh, wait... that wasn't you, was it?"
- "What smells worse than a drogbar? Two drogbar. What smells worse than two drogbar? Nobody knows, because the stench will kill you!"
- "I'm forming a group of tauren demon hunters. We're called the... Illi-Dairy!"
Mag'har orc female
- "Hey... aren't you the one who left that abandoned garrison littering up Frostfire?"
- "Azeroth has so many rules about who you can stab, who you can't stab... who you can punch, who you can't punch... You guys need to loosen up!"
- "The Shattered Hand are legendary warriors, but don't ever ask one of them for a back rub. Trust me on this one..." <pained sounds>
- "Enough of this wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey... BLAH! Just let me smash stuff!"
- "I dyed my hair green once. Warchief Hellscream was NOT amused."
- "You can call me uncorrupted, but I prefer to think of myself as an organic orc."
- "Drahnor. Draynor? Draanur. Draenor. <sigh> I'm just gonna say I'm from Outland."
Mag'har orc male
- "I never met Gul'dan, but I hear he was a nightmare at parties. Always trying to spike the punch bowl..."
- "Azeroth goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines."
- "The Laughing Skull clan booed me off the stage at the comedy club. With a name like that, you'd think they'd have a sense of humor!"
- "Try spending a few decades trapped on a planet with fanatical draenei and see how YOU like it!"
- "Ahhhhhh! The chiropractor in Orgrimmar has done wonders for my back."
- "Stay frosty, my wolves."
- "My favorite kind of music? Blackrock and Roll, of course!" <guitar sounds>
- "Roses are red. Our city is fair. Is that a disguise? Who goes there?"
- "Tyrande still looks good after all these years. Know if she's seeing anyone?"
- "I met this kaldorei who told me my dress was the pinnacle of fashion... 10,000 years ago. OUCH! Those night elves really know how to throw shade!"
- "Night elves? <chuckles> More like country elves; they live in trees, sleep in dens, sometimes... even grow antlers; they're not cut out for life in a REAL city!"
- "Care for a glass of arcwine? I jumped on the berries myself."
- "An allusion! What are you implying?"
- "You really must attend one of our parties in the Court of Stars: I have never met anyone more in need of a mask."
- "I like bubbles - they make me feel safe."
- "Let's be honest; keeping a giant, angry dinosaur caged up in a zoo was bound to end badly."
- "Why does everyone keep asking me to say that?! <frustrated growl> FINE! <sarcastically> 'An illusion. What are you hiding?'"
- "My name is Roy, and I'm a mana addict."
- "I don't know why they call it the Court of Stars. I hang out there all the time, and I never see anyone famous."
- "Back in my day, there was only one kind of elf... ONE!"
- "To be honest, most of the time, something WAS quite right."
- "It's what I do: I drink arcwine, and I know things." (Reference to Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones.)
- "Can you believe there are cities out there that aren't encased in a magic bubble? I mean, how do these people keep the dust out? Savages."
- "Do you have something to tell me? Go ahead! I'm all ears."
- "I want you to know I cherish your friendship, but if you die on me, I'm taking your stuff."
- "I'm drawing a line in the sand! Oh, I'm not mad—that's just what we did for fun back in Vol'dun."
- "Never trust a sethrak merchant. Bunch of snake oil peddlers, if you ask me."
- "Sure, Meerah's song about Dolly and Dot was catchy. But that doesn't mean all vulpera should be expected to write a jingle for our alpacas!"
- "To survive in the dunes, you sometimes have to scavenge supplies. From other people. After you 'incapacitate' them."
- "What's a vulpera's favorite dance? The foxtrot!"
- "Can I mix you a drink? I've got... a fireflask, ranishu stomach acid, spoiled alpaca milk, and... Hey, where are you going?"
- "I'm gonna paint my wagon. Gonna paint it good." (Reference to the Simpson's episode "All Singing, All Dancing" which has Clint Eastwood and Lee Marvin singing about painting Eastwood's wagon).
- "Never loan gold to a troll named Akunda. When you try to collect, they'll insist you gave it to a different Akunda."
- "Not every vulpera makes their home in the dunes. Some become pirates on the high seas. We call them 'quitters'."
- "The vulpera are survivors. We don't give up. We don't stop. We work harder." (Reference to Destiny's Child song "Survivor").
- "Vulpera generally tell the truth, though we do enjoy the occasional... tall tail."
- "What's the best part about joining the Horde? We finally get revenge on Gilneas for all those fox hunts!"
Zandalari troll female
- "Elves? Humans? No thanks. I cannot trust any race with dat many toes."
- "What makes de Zandalari superior? Two words: good posture."
- "Evolution? PFFF! If ya ask me, elves are a giant step back."
- "Isle of Thunder, you ask? Nope, never heard of it. Next question."
- "Do not feel bad. To be honest, I cannot keep all dose loa straight, either."
- "Orcs call dose little teeth sticking out of their mouths tusks? Dat. Is. Adorable."
Zandalari troll male
- *scoffs* "Troll healers have such an easy job. All dey ever say is 'Regenerate, den call me in da mornin'.'"
- "Ha! You call dat a ship? DIS is a ship!"
- "Psst - can ya keep a secret? I'm not a fan of dark magic; my collection of skulls and fetishes is purely decorative." (laughs)
- "How loa can you go-a?"
- "Need to name a city? Do what we do and put "Zul'" in front of a random word."
- "I don't mean to brag, but we have an entire city made of gold. Dose other trolls live in huts... HUTS!"
- "Don't let da door hit you where da good loa split you."
- "Let's see, uh, forward, down, forward, PUNCH! No... Down, up, kick..?" (Reference to the character Chun Li from the Street Fighter video games, of whom the female pandaren is reminiscent. The button combinations result in special attacks.)
- "I'm doing great! I could stand to gain a few pounds, sure, but who doesn't?"
- "Oh, I have REALLY got to start waxing."
- "Of course we have thumbs! Look!"
- "All these new cultures are so confusing! Today, someone complimented me on my 'padonkadunk.' What is that? Elvish?" ("padonkadunk" is slang for "butt")
- "I am a leaf in the wind... But like a big, tough leaf. With swords and magic and stuff." (Possible reference to the movie "Serenity" or possibly "Avatar: The Legend of Korra")
- "I am mostly vegetarian. I only eat plants. And animals that eat plants." (Possible reference to how real life pandas are technically carnivores, but strangely eat mostly bamboo)
- "If you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, do not be ashamed, for you have aspired to greatness.... And the moon had it coming."
- "So I was talking to this tauren the other day.. No, I mean a worgen.. I.. No.. Wait, which one's a cow and which one's a dog? Ugh! All the talking animals are STUPID!" (Reference to people complaining about talking pandas in WoW, as people said talking animals shouldn't be part of the game, even though they have been for years. See also: Tol'vir)
- "As your leader, I encourage you from time to time, and always in a respectful manner, to question my logic. I promise you, here and now, no subject will ever be taboo. Except of course, the subject that was JUST under discussion." (Reference to the movie Kill Bill: Volume 1 in which antagonist O-Ren Ishii says the same line after killing a man for insulting her heritage.)
- "The price you pay for bringing up my Pandaren heritage as a negative is... I collect your head! Now, if ANY ONE OF YOU HAS ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY, NOW IS THE TIME!" (Kill Bill reference, referencing the same scene as the one mentioned above. Presumed removed).
- "Gotta store up some fat for the winter! I don't hibernate or nothin', I just like havin' it around."
- "Hey! You look like you've lost some weight! ... That's terrible. Have a dumpling."
- "Mighty is the wind, but you can still break it. Meditate on this."
- "Yeah... Mhm. We're gonna need a bigger turtle." (Reference to the movie Jaws.)
- "It is said: Elephants tusks will not grow from a dog's mouth. BUT, you can get em in there, you know, a little glue, some tape... It's fine. Maybe a rubber band."
- "It is said: To err is human... *laughs* Stupid humans..."
- "Teach a man to fish, and he is fed for a day, uh no, uh.. He is fed, I.. I messed it up, but we just make this stuff up anyway."
- "How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges? Meditate on this."
- "It is said: Everywhere is in walking distance, if you have the time."
- "It is said: If you cannot beat them, join them. I say, if you cannot beat them, beat them. Because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise."
Blood elf female
- "Of course these are real. You...mean the tattoos, right?"
- "Do not play hard to get; I always catch my prey."
- "I only wear black...and very, very dark grey."
- "Being a conduit for chaos is terrible for my hair."
- "Well, what do you know? Your other senses do get stronger..." [sniffs] "You really need to shower, by the way."
- "Fight fire with fire! Unless it's really fire, then you should probably use water."
Blood elf male
- "In a blind taste test, people said I tasted like charcoal and vengeance."
- "Do these horns make me look evil?"
- "You know, I could really use a manicure."
- "A dreadlord, an infernal, and a doomguard walked into a bar...so I killed them all."
- "Oh, it's all fun and games...until someone pokes an eye out."
- "Darkness called... but I wasn't home, heh... so he left a message."
- "I eat demons for breakfast, and vengeance for lunch... but I usually skip dinner, because vengeance has a lot of calories."
- "I actually got these tattoos before I went to prison."
Night elf female
- "Fight fire with fire! Unless it's an actual fire, then use water."
- "'s not everything it's cracked up to be...did you know that dwarves wear absolutely no undergarments?"
- "No, Mom, this is not just a phase!"
- "I don't hunt demons just for sport; I make sure to use all their body parts."
- "Alright, alright! I'm blind, not deaf!"
- "Demon souls taste delicious, though some do have an odd cinnamon aftertaste."
Night elf male
- [growls] "Shaving without a mirror is the only tricky part about this gig."
- "It's all fun and games until someone pokes an eye out."
- "You are not prepar--oh, sorry. Thought you were someone else."
- "True love? No, I distinctly said 'to glaive', and as we all know, 'to glaive' means 'to slice apart into a million pieces'."
- "Demon blood is thicker than, uh...regular...blood."
- "This tattoo here, well, that's the power of darkness. Over here, you've got your demonic scourge, and this one says 'Mom'."
- "Ten years in stasis will give you such a crick in the neck!"
- "I play all my records backwards! !sdrawkcab sdrocer ym lla yalp I" (A reference to backmasking in music. Some Christian groups in the 1980s alleged rock musicians used backmasking to place satanic/demonic messages in songs.)
- "So I was out with a bunch of my imp buddies when we saw this total hottie... Sadly by the time we reached her she burned to death."
- "You know we've had some real good times together but I really think I should start seeing other warlocks. Just a little on the side. No no no it's not you, it's me. I just really need my space."
- "Ahh.. Did you see that? Hehe..."
- "Ah ah ah... I see what you did there."
- "Hey! What do you mean you have your hands full. Have you taken a good look at ME lately?"
- "First, we'll start with a little fire! *Fiery Sound* Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you! Am I bugging you? I'm not touching you!! There, now you're hot AND bothered."
- "You know, I made this armor myself."
- "I... am... Void.... where prohibited."
- "It's nice to get away from the void now and again. You think you have it rough? My wife never sleeps..."
- Several of the jokes reference the same things, and this is not exclusive to races. For example, male Draenei and both male and female goblins reference the Underpants Gnomes of South Park and their not-so-well-thought-out plan.
- Unlike Death Knights who only had a unique effect added to their voice acting, Demon Hunters are the only class who have entirely new voice acting unique to their class. This includes the /silly emotes. They are the only class to have this distinction.