Jumping is an action that characters, mobs, and mounts can do, usually while moving. This action can be used to jump over objects and up to higher level terrain. Jumping usually cancels any action that requires a cast time.
The default key press for jumping in-game is the spacebar.
NPCs and mobs cannot jump but they can still find ways to climb a cliff that would even be impossible to jump up.
While in midair, your character's momentum is unchanged; if you become affected by a root or movement speed modifier while in the air, you will still fall in the same direction unless you are affected by a forced movement spell. Therefore, when you know you're about to be slowed or rooted, you should jump towards your target so you can gain extra distance.
- Night elves and Vulpera randomly do a front tuck when jumping.
- Blood elves and Void elves randomly do a 360 spin when jumping.
- Worgen randomly do a back flip when jumping.
- Pressing the jump button while mounted and not moving, it will perform a mount-specific action. For example, kodo will growl and swing their heads, raptors will roar, coursers (except unicorns) will stand with two hooves, hawkstriders will shriek, and nightsabers will growl. A notable exception to this is the and ; the mount will just jump in place.
- Jumping with a flying mount will cause the player to rise upwards instead, if in a flyable zone.