K'ara (alternate universe)
- For the character from the main universe, see K'ara.
|Title||The Dark Star (formerly)|
- Main article: K'ara#Flight of the draenei
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
Shortly before the war against the Iron Horde, Ner'zhul was threatened by Grommash Hellscream and forcibly coerced into breaking the ancient laws of his clan. He called upon the Dark Star's power, and he and his clan would gain access to Void magic, using it to raise undead and fight the draenei in Shadowmoon Valley for the Iron Horde. Despite the efforts of Yrel and Velen, Ner'zhul successfully summoned the Dark Star. Velen then sacrificed himself in order to purify the Dark Star and bring K'ara back to the Light.
The naaru eventually blessed the Alliance commander and their ring. During the ceremony, it spoke and acted through the spirit of Velen.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Shadowmoon Valley (alternate universe)||100||97,854,000|
<Dulcet chiming tones reverberate within your mind.>
- Defense of Karabor
Defend me and I will break this siege <name>!
Notes and trivia
- On the alternate Draenor, adventurers can receive its blessing from a Pilgrim's Shrine in Shadowmoon Valley.
- The sentence it says in its final appearance "the fate of two worlds hangs in the balance" brings a closure for Velen and Warlords of Draenor as a similar sentence was shown in the reveal WoD trailer.
- K'arani Terrace is presumably named after it.
- Karnoth is a shard of the Dark Star.
- K'ara and Xe'ra are the only naaru to be referred to with feminine pronouns, with Velen repeatedly calling K'ara a "she" in . However, while Velen's audio uses "she" the text in his speech bubbles uses the gender-neutral "it." Chronicle also refers to K'ara as "it."
- The word "Kara" literally means "Dark" in Turkish.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.