Nexus-King Salhadaar (formerly)
K'aresh was the original homeworld of the ethereals before they evacuated to wander the Twisting Nether. The planet was attacked by the void lord Dimensius the All-Devouring and his void armies. The current state of K'aresh is unknown.
Many thousands of years ago, Dimensius invaded K'aresh. How he found K'aresh is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the Void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in dark and arcane energies. One of the mortal races hastily attempted to construct magical barriers around its cities, but although the dark energies were blocked, the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy to transform them into ethereals. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, however, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether.
- The adjective form of K'aresh is K'areshi.
- "Thank K'aresh!" is sometimes used as an interjection to express gratitude or relief.
What became of K'aresh after the ethereals fled is unknown. Pandemonius' Adventure Guide says that he was one of Dimensius' commanders when K'aresh was destroyed. This is likely to be figurative as there appears to be ethereals still operating from K'aresh. Dimensius might have abandoned K'aresh after the ethereals fled.
If K'aresh was literally destroyed, what is left of it might be floating in the Twisting Nether, like how Draenor became Outland. The way Dimensius opened countless portals mirrors how Ner'zhul destroyed Draenor.
- ^ . Protectorate Demolitionist says: By the second sun of K'aresh, look at this place! I can only imagine what Salhadaar is planning. Come on, let's keep going.
- ^ a b Ask CDev - Round 1
- ^ Commander Ameer: "The Ethereum were the ruling class of ethereal on my homeworld of K'aresh."
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ a b K'areshi Trader
- ^ Pandemonius#Adventure Guide
- ^ The Grand Collector yells: They called me down from K'aresh to deal with this band of misfits?