K'aresh was the original homeworld of the ethereals before they evacuated to wander the Twisting Nether. The planet was attacked by the void lord Dimensius the All-Devouring and his void armies. The current state of K'aresh is unknown.
Many thousands of years ago, Dimensius invaded K'aresh. How he found it is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the Void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in dark and arcane energies. One of the mortal races hastily attempted to construct magical barriers around its cities, but although the dark energies were blocked, the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy to transform them into the ethereals. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, however, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether.
- The adjective form of K'aresh is K'areshi.
- "Thank K'aresh!" is sometimes used as an interjection to express gratitude or relief.
What became of K'aresh after the ethereals fled is unknown. Pandemonius' Adventure Guide says that he was one of Dimensius' commanders when K'aresh was destroyed. There appears to be ethereals still operating from K'aresh, which may indicate an Outland-type of situation. Dimensius might have also abandoned the planet after the ethereals fled.
- ^ Commander Ameer: "The Ethereum were the ruling class of ethereal on my homeworld of K'aresh."
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ a b Ask CDev - Round 1
- ^ , Protectorate Demolitionist says: By the second sun of K'aresh, look at this place! I can only imagine what Salhadaar is planning. Come on, let's keep going.
- ^ a b K'areshi Trader
- ^ Pandemonius#Adventure Guide
- ^ The Grand Collector yells: They called me down from K'aresh to deal with this band of misfits?