|Former ruler(s)||Nexus-King Salhadaar|
|Location||Great Dark Beyond|
K'aresh is the original homeworld of the ethereals. The planet was mostly or completely destroyed by the void lord Dimensius the All-Devouring and his forces, forcing the ethereals into exodus in the Twisting Nether.
Many thousands of years ago, Dimensius invaded K'aresh. How he found it is still hotly debated among the surviving ethereals, but the effects of his coming were unmistakable: he opened countless gateways into the Void and the Twisting Nether around the planet, bathing K'aresh in dark and arcane energies. One of the mortal races hastily attempted to construct magical barriers around its cities, but although the dark energies were blocked, the unimpeded flood of arcane energy tore away the mortals' corporeal shells and infused their souls with enough energy to transform them into the ethereals. This altered state proved to be a blessing in disguise, however, as their enhanced minds and magical abilities allowed the ethereals to fight Dimensius and his limited forces to a standstill. Over the years, however, Dimensius eventually grew powerful enough to summon armies of fellow void creatures, forcing the ethereals to flee into the Twisting Nether.
According to the Adventure Guide for Pandemonius, K'aresh was destroyed. However, at least one ethereal appears to still operate from K'aresh, which suggests that a portion of the planet may have survived the destruction. Dimensius may have also abandoned the planet after the ethereals fled.
- The demonym for K'aresh is K'areshi.
- "Thank K'aresh!" is sometimes used as an interjection to express gratitude or relief.
- ^ Thaumaturge Vashreen yells: My people lost their world to the void years ago and were scattered to the winds.
- ^ Commander Ameer: "The Ethereum were the ruling class of ethereal on my homeworld of K'aresh."
- ^ A Thousand Years of War
- ^ a b Ask CDev - Round 1
- ^ Pandemonius#Adventure Guide
- ^ a b K'areshi Trader
- ^ The Grand Collector yells: They called me down from K'aresh to deal with this band of misfits?
- ^ , Protectorate Demolitionist says: By the second sun of K'aresh, look at this place! I can only imagine what Salhadaar is planning. Come on, let's keep going.