Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
- Not to be confused with Cabal.
|Base of operations||
Gadgetzan Mega Market
|Theater of operations|
- "Need some mana quick? The Kabal got you covered. These crazy chemists control the illicit mana trade in Gadgetzan, and there’s never a shortage of magic-users looking for a little extra boost to their latest potent potable or kooky concoction. Just a warning: never drink what they offer you. You may up[sic] with a fuzzy coat of wool, or at the very least, a killer headache. Emphasis on the killer."
The Kabal are one of the three crime factions active in Gadgetzan in the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan expansion for Hearthstone. A faction of outcast magic users, potion peddlers and master alchemists, they have gathered in Gadgetzan to practice their illicit magic trade.
Embracing those unwelcome elsewhere and embracing power no matter the price, the Kabal consists of outcast priests, mages and warlocks whose methods are considered too extreme for their colleagues due to incidents involving mutations, toxicity and side effects.
The Kabal are led by the mysterious alchemist Kazakus, who distributes potion of corrupted mana. Under his tutelage, the Kabal have learned to concoct all manner of potions. Under his guidance they are Gadgetzan's master mixologists, brewing potent, overwhelming, petrifying and explosive potions of power. All members of the faction drink Kaza-kola, a cold and refreshing beverage brewed by Kazakus himself, but which also acts to slowly erode the drinker's will and sense of self.
The Kabal have entrenched themselves in the city's docks and control the Gadgetzan Mega Market, which gives them an easy way to traffic in the ingredients required for their more exotic brews, and for their couriers to distribute their wares throughout the city (only the weaker brews, of course; they save the best ones for themselves).
The faction uses many external sources of power, and all members of the organization receive special, glowing, crimson tattoos from Inkmaster Solia. The Kabal take their corrupted mana, turn it into tattoo ink and get ornate, detailed designs tattooed on their bodies, which not only mark one's dedication to the organization, but can also serve as a handy nightlight or a massive reservoir of power if a member ever find themselves in a situation where they need a little extra push of mana to cast a powerful spell. As many of the faction's potions are highly unstable, with some possibly even being powerful enough to level all of Gadgetzan, the Kabal use enchanted chains to keep them stabilized.
- The Kabal card back was rewarded for achieving Rank 20 in Ranked Season 35, which took place during February 2017. The flavor text reads: "The Kabal are notorious for potions, treachery, and accidentally blowing themselves up with 10-mana spells."
A card back themed after the Kabal.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment 2016-11-04. Extra! Extra! Mean Streets of Gadgetzan Revealed!. Retrieved on 2016-12-08.
- ^ a b c d BlizzCon 2016, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Hearthstone What's New Panel
- ^ a b c d e Daxxarri 2016-11-14. A Taste of the Kabal. Retrieved on 2016-12-08.
- ^ Daxxarri on reddit (2016-11-14). Retrieved on 2016-11-29.