Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Kael'thas and the Verdant Sphere
70 (Requires 68)
Kael'thas and the Verdant Sphere is a quest which begins from the item dropped by Kael'thas Sunstrider.
The air around you hums - a gentle hum. The naaru are aware of your victory. Perhaps they are the reason you were compelled to pick up this sphere from the still-twitching remains of Kael'thas Sunstrider. What secrets could it hold?
Perhaps A'dal in Shattrath City could make sense of the item.
You heard my call? Yes...
<A'dal's thoughts intermingle with your own.>
The sphere... Strange. Did you know that he lived? Yes. It is here - in the sphere itself. Maimed for certain. He calls to a higher power now. No, not Illidan.
Kil'jaeden the Deceiver comes...
<A'dal points your mind elsewhere.>
Rest. Your brothers and sisters will retake Tempest Keep now.
<A'dal hums a song of battle.>
Upon completing the quest, the following appears to everyone in Shattrath City.
- Silence descends upon Shattrath.
- A'dal's thoughts invade your mind.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider has been defeated by <name> and <his/her> allies.
- The time to strike at the remaining blood elves of Tempest Keep is now. Take arms and let A'dal's song of battle empower you!
- A fiery symbol of the Sunfury, a rising phoenix, appears in front of A'dal, and then an image of Kael'thas Sunstrider appears in front of the symbol, facing the naaru.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Your monkeys failed to finish the job, naaru. Beaten but alive... The same mistake was not made when we took command of your vessel.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: All for what? Trinkets? You are too late. The preparations have already begun. Soon the master will make his return.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: And there is nothing you or that fool, Illidan, can do to stop me! You have both served me in your own right - unwittingly.
- Kael'thas laughs.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider yells: Lay down your arms and succumb to the might of Kil'jaeden!
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.