She has four main abilities:
- Ice Spikes 45 yd range — Ice spikes pierce the floor and then rise up, dealing 3813 to 4187 Frost damage and knocking up enemy targets within 3 yards.
- Icicle Breath — Inflicts Frost damage to enemies in front of the caster, reducing their movement speed for 10 sec. 1.5 sec cast
- Freeze Solid 30 yd range — Stuns an enemy and inflicts Frost damage every 3 sec. for 10 sec. 2.5 sec cast
- Gahz'rilla Glacier — You become encased in a block of ice, protecting you from all physical attacks and spells for 5 sec, and recover most of your hit points, but during that time you cannot attack, move or cast spells. 3 sec cast (5 min cooldown)
There are three groups of trash before this boss, each containing three mobs. One contains a named mob. These should pose no problems to you as a group.
She is the most technical of the four mini-bosses in the Cataclysm pre-event.
- Whenever she starts to cast Freeze Solid the tank should move to the right or left to avoid being frozen. In case it still happens, this effect can be dispelled.
- At about 400k (30%) she casts Gahz'rilla Glacier on herself. This ability can and should be interrupted! Otherwise she heals herself up to about 90%.
- Image of Cho'gall says: Kulratha. Things are going well, I see.
- Image of Cho'gall says: The blessed beast Gahz'rilla, adored pet of the Old Gods, grows larger and stronger by the day... as does the Cult of Twilight's Hammer.
- Image of Cho'gall says: Continue your work here, Hydromancer. Soon, this world will be remade...
- Image of Cho'gall says: ...and as devoted servants to our master, you and the Sandfury tribe shall be justly rewarded!
- Hydromancer Kulratha yells: Soon, the rifts will be large enough for Gahz'rilla to assault the heathens' cities directly. She will reduce them to frozen rubble!
- Alliance victory
- King Varian Wrynn says: Well done, heroes. Let us return through the very portal that which meant to send this beast through! Much work awaits me in Stormwind.
- Horde victory
- Cairne Bloodhoof says: Well done, heroes. Let us return through the very portal that which meant to send this beast through! Much work awaits me in Thunder Bluff.
"Kaiju" (怪獣) is a Japanese word meaning "strange beast", often translated as "monster". It is a term generally used to refer to the monsters of the Godzilla film series, but includes other monster movie monsters as well.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2010-11-15): Activated with phase four of the Elemental Unrest.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Added.