Aspect of Magic (former),
Ambassador of the Blue Dragonflight,
Steward of Magic,
|Race||Blue dragon (Dragonkin)|
|Affiliation(s)||Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor, Council of Six, Alliance, Tirisgarde|
|Former affiliation(s)||Dragon Aspects, Blue dragonflight|
|Occupation||Archmage of the Kirin Tor and Member of the Council of Six, Champion of the Tirisgarde; formerly Aspect of the blue dragonflight, formerly Ambassador to the Wyrmrest Accord, Investigator for and Guardian of Anveena|
|Relative(s)||(adopted sister), (former lover)|
Kalecgos is the former Aspect of the blue dragonflight, after the death of . His mortal form is half-elven, calling himself Kalec. Due to the blues being most in tune with magic of all the dragonflights, Kalec has the powers of a sorcerer and the strength of a warrior.
Prior to the Nexus War, Kalecgos was Malygos' investigator, and became involved in the search for residual energies of the Sunwell. He opposed Malygos' war against mortal spellcasters and became the blue dragonflight's ambassador to the Wyrmrest Accord.
With the rise of during the Cataclysm, Kalecgos was named the new Aspect of Magic and aided his fellow Aspects and the mortal adventurers in the battle with the Aspect of Death. After his defeat the blue dragons went their separate ways; Kalec has joined the Kirin Tor and now resides in Dalaran to pursue a relationship with its new leader, Jaina. He has since become one of the Council of Six.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 The Sunwell
- 1.2 Nexus Point
- 1.3 Fury of the Sunwell
- 1.4 Grim Batol and after
- 1.5 Forging of Quel'Delar
- 1.6 Cataclysm
- 1.7 A Legendary Engagement
- 1.8 Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
- 1.9 Rage of the Firelands
- 1.10 Charge of the Aspects
- 1.11 Hour of Twilight
- 1.12 Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War
- 1.13 Theramore's Fall
- 1.14 Dawn of the Aspects
- 1.15 War Crimes
- 1.16 Legion
- 1.17 Deaths of Chromie
- 2 Locations
- 3 Quests
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Notes
- 6 Alternate timeline
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Videos
- 9 Patches and hotfixes
- 10 References
- 11 External links
The SunwellThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft manga.
- Main article: The Sunwell Trilogy
Kalecgos was a youngster of the blue flight, sent as an investigator by Malygos to Quel'Thalas to locate what appeared to be residual energies from the Sunwell, believed to have been destroyed by the Scourge some time before. What he found - after being severely injured by the dwarven dragon hunter and his band - was a strange young human named , who lived with her parents outside Tarren Mill. As they evaded Harkyn's band of hunters as well as the occasional agent of the Scourge, Kalec and Anveena teamed up with Kalec's intended, , and the human paladin . While in Tarren Mill, they were confronted by the Scourge led by the elven traitor , who sought the power of the Sunwell for himself. He believed it may have been the dragonling , hatched from an egg found in the ruins of Anveena's home, but later events prove this false.
While seeking a way to remove Dar'Khan's enchanted collars from around his neck (which trapped him in humanoid form) and Anveena's, Kalec traveled to the Hinterlands - and in the process, battling the forces of both the Scourge and the Forsaken Baron Valimar Mordis - and it was there that he discovered that Anveena possessed great power, demonstrated by saving him from a potentially fatal fall from the cliffs below the Baron's castle. As she was trying to slow Kalec's fall, Anveena was captured by Dar'Khan, and taken to Quel'Thalas.
Kalec, Tyri and Jorad gave chase, travelling to the ruined elven kingdom themselves and first being captured, then aided, by , his lieutenant , and their band of rangers. Kalec discovered that Anveena was in fact the avatar of the Sunwell, and aided in the final battle that led to Dar'Khan's defeat. Afterwards, the previously-enslaved - Prime Consort to , the red Aspect - explained that he had created the illusion that was Anveena, in order to prevent the Scourge from obtaining her power. When Lor'themar pledged himself to keeping Anveena safe, Kalec decided to remain behind as well as her protector. It is heavily implied that Kalec and Anveena became romantically involved shortly thereafter.
Nexus PointThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft manga.
When a group of nether dragons attack the Nexus, contacted Kalec in desperate try to save the home of the blue dragonflight. In the end, however, Kalec arrived too late; Malygos had awoken, and in his insanity he absorbed the nether dragons into himself.
Fury of the SunwellThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
Kalecgos, true to his word, remained Anveena's protector while she assisted the Blood Elves in the reconstruction of their homeland. Not long after however the traitorious Prince Kael'thas, fresh from his defeat in Tempest Keep, suddenly reappears in Quel'thalas, along with the forces of the Burning Legion. Before Kalec can react, the legion captures Anveena, hoping to use her to bring their master, the demonlord , to Azeroth. Kalecgos, along with his companion , attempt to foil Kil'jaeden's plans, but in the process Kalecgos becomes possessed by the dreadlord .
In the Sunwell Plateau raid, the encounter with Kalecgos is on two fronts, literally. The "Physical" front is the one players engage the blue dragon head on, in the physical world, but soon after encountering Kalecgos, portals open up to a much darker, spiritual world called the Inner Veil, where you find that Kalec is battling against . To complete this encounter, players must simultaneously aid Kalec in killing Sathrovarr the Corruptor, while subdueing Kalecgos' dragon form, in order to set him free.
Grim Batol and afterThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Following the loss of Anveena, Kalec returned home and became brooding and depressed, finally being sent away from the Nexus on an errand to investigate Grim Batol after starting more than one fight with his fellow blues. Kalecgos was not only upset by losing Anveena, but also by his lord Malygos's more recent stance on mortals and their handling of magic, one he appears to disagree with. At Grim Batol, Kalecgos encountered the red dragon . At first, Kalec's attitude towards the consort of Alexstrasza was bitter and antagonistic; he blamed Krasus for his constant interference, and particularly for giving Anveena the illusion of life knowing how it would end.
In Grim Batol's halls, Kalec and Krasus discovered the black dragon , now known as Sinestra, creating a new flight of dragons. Working together, oftentimes begrudingly, the two dragons with the assistance of , , , the draenei priestess , and the nether dragon , they overcame Sintharia and her creation, the twilight dragon . Iridi perished in the final battle, and Kalec took it upon himself to return her body to Outland. When asked by Krasus if Malygos would allow him to go to Outland, Kalec replied that - permitted or not - he was going anyway; to see Outland once more was Iridi's dying wish, and she deserved to be buried there.
It is not known where Kalecgos went after that, nor the stance he takes during the Nexus War. However, it is likely he chose to not follow Malygos' orders - his distaste for the Aspect's decision to purge all mortal spellcasters was made clear to Korialstrasz.
Forging of Quel'DelarThis section concerns content exclusive to Wrath of the Lich King.
Kalecgos, now the ambassador of the blue dragonflight to the Wyrmrest Accord, appears in Alexstrasza's chamber in Wyrmrest Temple standing next to . During the quest , part of the questchain to restore , Kalec steps forward as Krasus speaks to the player. He questions the wisdom of reforging the blade, feeling that the mortals would not be powerful enough to wield it, and remembering that powerful weapons crafted by dragonkind had been turned against them in the past. He pledged not to interfere if the mortals reforge the blade, but warned that he will keep a close watch.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
At some point Kalec relocated to Azshara, fearing that the death of was a sign of weakness on the part of the blue dragonflight, and that would send agents to assassinate rest of the flight. This held true, as the black dragonflight invaded Azshara to hunt down . Kalec can be found in Bilgewater Harbor, where he and Azuregos help low level Horde players to repel the invasion.
A Legendary EngagementThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Meanwhile, the blue dragonflight struggled with the issue of appointing a new leader. Its members were torn between Kalecgos and , the two likeliest successors. Arygos believed that his kind should withdraw from the world and forge a new path while Kalecgos believed that they should play an active part in the world's affairs. Ultimately, the flight agreed to meet during the Embrace in hopes that one of them would be selected as the new Aspect.
Arygos, who was secretly allied with , attempted to have Kalecgos assassinated to ensure his own succession. However, his plan failed when sacrificed herself to save Kalecgos, and Arygos flew off, leaving Kalecgos to become the new Blue Aspect.
Thrall: Twilight of the AspectsThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Kalecgos and Arygos were present during the meeting with Alexstrasza and Ysera in Wyrmrest Temple, when they were attacked by the Twilight Father and the Twilight Dragonflight. When the sanctums exploded, killing the young inside, Kalecgos was stunned to learn that Korialstrasz was responsible for the action by using a suicide attack, who he later learned did so in order to prevent all the whelps from becoming chromatic dragons.
Being instructed by and , arrived to the Nexus as the blue dragonflight was discussing on how to appoint a new aspect. Unwillingly to allow Thrall in Arygos initially ordered him killed but was forced to back down after it was revealed that Thrall had the blessing of two aspects. Unwillingly to let a "lesser race" to be present for the Embrace it took the threat of Kalecgos leaving the Nexus with his followers for Arygos to relent and allow Thrall to be present. During this time Kalecgos and Thrall became friends.
Enraged that his flight has chosen Kalecgos over himself, Arygos summoned the twilight dragonflight to assault the assembled blue dragons. Kalecgos's new found powers proved too strong for the twilight dragons, however, and they retreated back to their base at Wyrmrest Temple. Kalecgos and the rest of the blue dragonflight pursued them, where they were met by the powerful chromatic dragon, . This abomination proved too powerful even for the newly-empowered Blue Aspect, and Kalecgos and the surviving blues were forced to flee back to the Nexus.
Kalecgos's next battle would be alongside not only his own flight, but the red and green including their Aspects Alexstrasza and Ysera. The three Aspects led an assault at the twilight hammer cult, specifically Chromatus. However Chromatus was too powerful even with the combined attacks of the three aspects, they would have surely died if not and his flight didn't show up and ordered a retreat. With little time they had, the four aspects joined hands with as he led a ritual to combine the essences of the aspects, Thrall taking place as the earth-warder. The four aspects with their new found power breathed white-gold flames at Chromatus and defeated him.
Rage of the FirelandsThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
Charge of the AspectsThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
When discussing how to defeat Deathwing, Kalec made a comment to about needing a weapon "like none that has come before it." Later, pondering these words, the Green Aspect was struck with inspiration; they would use the Dragon Soul to unmake Deathwing. Kalec seized upon the idea and started work on engineering a way to turn the Dragon Soul against Deathwing, whom previously it could not harm. He theorized that use of arcane magic could modify it to work upon the Aspect of Death. Shortly afterwards, Ysera and Kalecgos come up with an idea of retrieving the Dragon Soul from the past to vanquish Deathwing. After telling Alexstrasza, the Dragonqueen departs to tell Nozdormu. The aspects work out a plan which involves going to the future to defeat Murozond and open the timeways to allow them to retrieve the Dragon Soul during the War of the Ancients. The aspects then ask Thrall to wield the Dragon Soul for no dragon can use it without causing themselves harm. Thrall agrees, but asks if the short-lived races can assist him. Alexstrasza agrees. Not long afterwards, Kalecgos brings up the fact that the Titans blessed the aspects for a reason, to stop the Hour of Twilight, but what would become of them afterwards. The aspects establish that they are intended to preserve the gifts they were given, for time, life, nature and magic last forever.
Hour of TwilightThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
After the Dragon Soul was brought to the present, it had to be transported by Thrall and mortal heroes to Wyrmrest Temple, a place of great power connected to the Chamber of the Aspects, where the artifact was originally imbued. Since Deathwing learned of their intent, he and his minions converged on the temple to waylay them at all costs. At Wyrmrest the Aspects infused it with their essences once again, making it more potent than it ever was. Kalecgos altered the Dragon Soul's properties so that it would affect Deathwing. But the artifact was imbued with the essences of the four Aspects and Deathwing never imparted his into it. To use the weapon to defeat him, they had to infuse it with the power of the Earth-Warder. Thrall possessed a portion - however small - of that exact thing: the essence of Azeroth itself. After the death of the twilight dragon , Thrall unleashed the Dragon Soul upon its creator. Wounded, Deathwing fled, attempting to return to the relative safety of Deepholm, through the Maelstrom. Thrall, the Aspects, and the Adventurers gave chase, riding a gunship after the Aspect of Death, battling his personal escort along the way.
After catching up, the adventurers leapt onto Deathwing's back and began prying the elementium plates from his back, eventually making a big enough opening for Thrall to blast Deathwing with the Dragon Soul. Deathwing was blasted out of the sky, and crashed into the Maelstrom. The defenders of Azeroth briefly rejoiced at having rid themselves of the Destroyer, but Deathwing rose from the Maelstrom. Without his armor, his molten form began to mutate, granting him a form far more terrifying than before. The final battle for Azeroth began in earnest, until one final blow from the Demon Soul infused with the complete essence of each Aspect completely obliterated Deathwing. After the death of , the Aspects had fulfilled their duty, and their ancient powers had been expended in order to destroy their former brother, and thus, the remaining Aspects became mortal.
- Together we achieved the impossible.
Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of WarThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Some time after Deathwing's demise, Kalec became worried about the future of the blue dragonflight as they were leaving the Nexus. There, Kalecgos looked to for her advice, but was interrupted by who told them that the Focusing Iris was stolen. Two days ago, Kalec and the blue dragonflight decided to move the Focusing Iris into the Frozen Sea, off the coast of Coldara, to protect its power, but the dragon escort was killed and the Focusing Iris taken. After Kirygosa confirmed that the escort was killed, Kalecgos went after the Iris because of his position as former Aspect. First, he visited , who sent him to the human for help.
Kalecgos traveled to Theramore where Jaina and her trusted advisers were helping him to locate and acquire knowledge about the Focusing Iris. During that time, Kalecgos and Jaina became friends as they were speaking about their past. Yet their problems were compounded when news reached them of the Horde conquering Northwatch Hold and was seeking to target Theramore next. After Kalec and Jaina discovered the spell that kept them from finding the Focusing Iris, Kalecgos set out to retrieve it. He left Theramore, telling Jaina not to go to Northwatch Hold. With his departure, Jaina realized that she was missing his presence. Kalec was following the trail of the Iris all around Kalimdor, though he was unsuccessful. He also noticed the ruins of destroyed Northwatch and the army of the Horde. Discovering that the thieves were somehow able to rapidly change the location of the Focusing Iris, he decided to return to aid Jaina and later pick up the Iris' trail when he discovers a way to keep the thieves from toying with him. Back in Theramore, he found Jaina organizing her advisers and offers his services to her in the defense of Theramore. He remained with her and listened to her conversation with Varian through a magical mirror, while staying out of the mirror's field of view to hide his presence from the king.
The Horde moved in to attack Theramore Isle; planning to blow it up with a massive mana bomb of unseen dimension and fueled by the power of the Focusing Iris. Kalecgos's attempts to defend the city failed, leveling the entire island. Jaina, in fury, attempted to flood Orgrimmar with a tidal wave formed from the Focusing Iris, but Kalecgos managed to calm her down where even Thrall could not.
After stopping her from almost drowning an entire city, Kalec and Jaina brought the Focusing Iris to Dalaran for safe-keeping. The few remaining blue dragons went their separate ways, dissolving the blue dragonflight. Kalec stayed in Dalaran as a member of the Kirin Tor, and began a romance with Jaina.
Theramore's FallThis section concerns content exclusive to Mists of Pandaria.
Dawn of the AspectsThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
As tradition Kalecgos joined the other former aspects at the Wyrmrest Temple during a particular cycle of the two moons of Azeroth. However during the meeting Kalecgos found himself surprised with how his fellow former aspects preferred to leave the defense of Azeroth to others and grew distressed when they decided to end the Accord a month from the day. In disbelief as the others left the temple Kalecgos took flight and as he began to leave he senses a magical artifact, which he acquired from the remains of . However soon after claiming the artifact, a Spark of Tyr, Kalecgos found himself falling into visions of the past and seeing them though Malygos's eyes.
While these visions allowed him to see the beginning of the Aspects when they were proto-dragons and fought against Galakrond and the Not-living, Kalecgos found that he would wander aimlessly in human and dragon form. Unable to separate himself from the Spark of Tyr Kalecgos decided to attune it to the Nexus in order to ensure no one else would fall pray it. An action would put the Nexus on lock down, which shocked Jaina Proudmoore when she tried to check in on him. As Kalecgos further witnessed the threat that Galakrond and the Not-living posed, he found himself growing increasingly mad with at one point becoming convinced he was Malygos.
Ultimately Kalecgos bore witness to the destruction to Galakrond and was subsequently freed by Jaina who discovered that the Spark of Tyr was driving Kalec mad and used her spell work to break the wards around the Nexus. With Tyr's artifact in hand Kalecgos called for the former Aspects to gather and used it to remind the others that they were capable of great things together even before they had their powers, and that they could still do so again in this new age. Agreeing with him they decided to continue moving forward to help the world in the new age. They also revealed that they encouraged the myth about Galakrond being the father of dragons in order to prevent others from following down his dark path and swore Kalecgos to secrecy.
War CrimesThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Kalecgos accompanied Jaina, Vereesa and the Alliance leaders to the trial of . He stayed with Jaina throughout the trial but tension grew between them as he couldn't bring himself to deal with her rancor and he felt that she was clinging to her hatred. These tensions begin to fracture their relationship until during the final days of the trial in which Jaina, finding some measure of peace, prevented Kalec from leaving and kissed him in front of everyone present renewing their faith in one another. After Garrosh's escape, chaos erupted in the arena. Kalec battled against the mad Kalecgos from an alternate timeline. Kalec defeated his crazy counterpart by saying that it was not his fault that in his world he was not able to stop Jaina from destroying Orgrimmar that erupted into total war which killed all the blue dragons and the alternative Kalecgos's Jaina. Able to convince his counterpart to listen and contemplate his words caused the Mad Kalecgos to vanish. After the battle, he quickly went to dying Jaina and watched her resurrection by and they immediately hugged one another.
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
|This section is a lore stub.|
While Jaina has left Dalaran, Kalec has remained and become a member of the Council of Six, the six rulers of the city. He first appeared as part of the Council when moving Dalaran from above Deadwind Pass to the Broken Isles. He later votes yes to re-accepting back into the Kirin Tor. Kalec then joins the Tirisgarde. He sends his projection to various missions.
Kalec also directs adventurers seeking weapons of power to the now abandoned Nexus, where the blue dragonflight locked it away after the Kirin Tor entrusted it to them several years before. They discover that the ethereals of the Ethereum seek the blue dragons' artifacts to become void.
When Vargoth is revealed to have ties with the Empyrean Society, a group of mages researching fel, Kalec notes that he has seen Vargoth behaving oddly. As Vargoth has been absent for a while, the Conjuror of the Tirisgarde takes a look through his room in the Violet Citadel alongside Kalec and discovers his journal, within which they find notes about the , which can channel the power of the souls captured within it.
In Azsuna, Kalecgos helps empower adventurers' artifacts with the .
Kalec participated in the Battle for the Exodar battling against , alongside .
Deaths of Chromie
Seeking leads on who wants her dead Chromie asks Kalecgos if he's noticed anything suspicious and he mentions that he has felt ley-line disturbance at the Azure Dragonshrine.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Chamber of the Guardian||110||570,031|
|Hall of the Guardian||110||4,572,777|
|The Exodar||100 - 110||660,376|
|Location||Level range||Health range|
QuestsThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade. This section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm. This section concerns content exclusive to Legion. The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
Burning CrusadeThis section concerns content exclusive to The Burning Crusade.
(As he flys over from Sunwell Plateau) Be still, mortals, and hearken to my words.
- Do not be frightened, <race>. Our ends are the same.
- I am Kalecgos, of the Blue Dragonflight. I have watched over the nascent powers of the Sunwell for some time, but now I see that its terrible power could usher in the end of our world!
- Defeating Kael'thas is a task worthy of your undivided attention.
- Beyond that, if you are capable of organizing an army, there are many wrongs in the Sunwell to be addressed.
- Perhaps we shall meet again there.
- A friend and I have come to rescue a young human woman from the clutches of the Legionlord, Kil'jaeden and his vile minions.
- We've discovered that Kael'thas is trying to summon Kil'jaeden from the depths of the Sunwell itself.
- For the sake of this world - this cannot come to pass! I am committed to seeing that it does not.
- Madrigosa accompanied me on this journey, but we have become separated in the Sunwell. May fate keep her safe.
- Anveena is no mere mortal, <race>. Those who recognize her true nature stop at nothing to possess her. She once rescued me, and now I intend to return the favor.
- You don't understand, draenei! Anveena never had a true life to give! Her entire existence was a conjurer's trick! His trick! Anveena wasn't human; she wasn't even mortal! She was the very essence of the high elves' Sunwell, their fount of power! She was pure magic manipulated into playing at life so well that she thought she actually breathed, actually had a heart.
CataclysmThis section concerns content exclusive to Cataclysm.
- You seemed troubled.
- What brings you to me mortal?
- Speak freely friend.
- Something about you seems... familiar.
- Notable Dialogue
- Main article: Quest:Emergency Extraction#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Alignment#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Stuff of Legends#Notes
- There is a great deal at stake within the blue dragonflight, <class>.
- Arygos aspires to follow in the footsteps of his father, renewing the misguided aggression against all who wield magic. This path, I feel, would lead to the end of our kind.
- The remnants of our flight are divided on this fateful issue, and I fear that Arygos will stop at nothing to meet his ends...
- <Wistfully, Kalecgos looks off to the horizon.>
- Tarecgosa is... special to me.
- When she was but a hatchling, I was charged with her protection and education. Over the millennia, we have forged a special bond, not unlike what you would call siblings.
- Tarecgosa was born under a special sign that foretold a great destiny. If the prophecies are true, then her survival is of vital importance to the blue dragonflight, and to Azeroth itself.
- Our affinity for one another is well known within the remnants of our flight. If your vision recounted an event that has actually taken place, she could be in grave danger.
- Main article: Wyrmrest Summit
- Main article: Ultraxion#Quotes
- Main article: Madness of Deathwing#Quotes
- Malygos chose to understand that he was the ultimate minder of magic. Because he disapproved of how others were choosing to manage magic, he decided to recover it all for himself and his flight alone—that only they could appreciate and value it. I choose to regulate, manage, and control my own magic. To lead by example. To encourage others to appreciate and value it. Because, Kinndy—if you truly appreciate and value something, then you wish to manage it well. You don't want to hoard it; you want to share it. And that was how I chose to be the minder of magic in this world. Now I am merely the flight's leader. I am no longer an Aspect. And in this new role, believe me, I more than welcome aid from the Kirin Tor and anyone else who is willing to help."
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- The blue dragonflight has always represented magic on Azeroth, and it is fitting that we work together against the Burning Legion now more than ever. I would be honored to fight for you as your champion in these dark times.
- Feel the wrath of Kalecgos!
- Tremble before me!
- Main article: Quest:The Frozen Flame#Notes
- Main article: Quest:A New Threat
- Main article: Quest:Eyes of the Dragon
- Main article: Quest:The Nexus Vault
- Main article: Quest:Champion: Archmage Kalec
- Main article: Quest:The Council is in Session#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Archmage Vargoth's Retreat#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Not A Toothless Dragon#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Enemy of My Enemy...#Notes
- Main article: Quest:A Terrible Loss#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Into the Oculus#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Power Within
- Main article: Quest:Eye of Azshara: The Heart of Zin-Azshari#Completion
- Main article: Quest:Tempering Darkness#Completion
- Main article: Quest:Lucid Strength#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Emerald Nightmare: Essence of Power#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Essential Consumption#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Repaid Debt#Notes
- Main article: Quest:A True Test#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Seeking the Valkyra#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Planning the Assault#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Preparing to Move#Notes
- Main article: Quest:The Nighthold: Into the Nighthold#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Balance of Power#Notes
- Main article: Quest:Dispersion of the Discs#Notes
- An epic off-hand item called the . It is shaped like the head of a blue dragon. may be purchased in Shattrath City for 130
- Kalecgos is also referenced to by in Tranquillien. Apparently the town is awaiting word from him. Interestingly, Vandril calls him 'Kalecgos', rather than 'Kalec', his mortal alias; specifically, Vandril says, "At this rate I'm going to pace a rut into the road. I hope the messenger from Kalecgos arrives soon."
- Kalecgos is the dragon to take up the crown of Aspect of the Blue Dragonflight, much to Arygos' displeasure.
- In cinematics featured in the Dragon Soul raid, Kalecgos is seen wearing shoulder armor similar to the Frostfire Regalia; his in-game model, however, lacks them.
- Kalecgos is the only Aspect to have succeeded another, and the only one who was not empowered by the titans themselves.
- Kalecgos is voiced by Carlos Larkin.
- His TCG art from the Battle of the Aspects set is used for ' card in Hearthstone.
- Kalecgos is the youngest of the Aspects.
- He is also the youngest former Aspect.
- He wields a and a as a Tirisgarde champion.
In an alternate timeline, Kalecgos and Go'el were unable to stop Jaina from destroying Orgrimmar, resulting in an open war that had many casualties such as Jaina herself and almost the entirety of the blue dragonflight leaving only the mad Kalecgos. After Garrosh Hellscream escaped from his trial, the mad Kalecgos was teleported to the Temple and immediately began attacking everyone he could see. He lacked any strategy. At one moment he targeted Baine Bloodhoof only to be stopped by Kalecgos from the main universe as he draw his attention to him. The two dragons fought, the mad dragon wanting to be killed, but eventually, the main universe Kalecgos was able to explain his alternate self that the deaths was that had erupted after Jaina destroyed Orgrimmar wasn't his fault but Jaina's as well as Anveena's decision. With this knowledge, the mad Kalecgos's face relaxed and returned to his timeline. According to Baine, Kairoz selected the most broken and darkest versions.
Kalec in Bilgewater Harbor.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-06): "Kalec will remain visible in the Mage Class Hall while the player is on or eligible for any of the class mount quests, even if he has been sent on a mission."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added in the Legion version of Dalaran.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Added in the Magisters' Terrace and Sunwell Plateau.
- ^ Twilight of the Aspects
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ a b
- ^ Alex Afrasiabi on Twitter
- ^ Night of the Dragon, chapter 9
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, chapter 13 & 21
- ^ Nexus Point
- ^ Night of the Dragon, 96-97
- ^ Night of the Dragon, 163
- ^ Cataclysm Lore Details - World of Raids Forums
- ^ Patch 4.2 Preview: A Legendary Engagement
- ^ Madness of Deathwing#Closing Cinematic
- ^ Dawn of the Aspects
- ^ War Crimes
- ^ Quest:A Forgotten Enemy
- ^ Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War - pgs. 110-111
- ^ War Crimes
| Preceded by:
Malygos the Spellweaver
Aspect of the Blue dragonflight
| Succeeded by:|