Kanrethad Ebonlocke (tactics)
|Title||<Leader of the Black Harvest>|
|Location||Temple Summit, Black Temple|
- This article is about the strategy for defeating Kanrethad Ebonlocke in Pursuing the Black Harvest. For his character biography, see .
Kanrethad Ebonlocke is the final boss in the Pursuing the Black Harvest scenario.
Spells and Abilities
- Summon Pit Lord — Summon a Pit Lord.
- Charge — Charge the target, dealing 100% weapon damage, and stunning them for 6 sec. While stunned, the target is vulnerable, taking 100% increased damage. Nothing can whistand the force of a Pit Lord's Charge.
- Cleave — Cleave the target and all nearby enemies, dealing 100% weapon damage.
- Demonic Siphon — The Pit Lord's master siphons 200,000 health from the Pit Lord.
- Fel Flame Breath — Breathe fel flame at the target enemy or friend, dealing 22,500 to 27,500 damage and dispeling 1 Magic effect every 1 sec to all nearby enemies and friends.
- Aura of Omnipotence — Fills the caster with a sense of omnipotence, increasing their damage done by 50%, and their damage taken by 15%.
- Cataclysm — Kanrethad channels cataclysmic power, immolating all enemies within 100 yards every 1 sec. After 6 sec, all enemies within 100 yards take 1,000,000 Fire damage and are knocked away and stunned for 10 sec. Once started, the channeling of Cataclysm cannot be stopped by any mortal means.
- Chaos Bolt — Unleashes a blast of chaos, causing 427,500 to 472,500 Shadow damage.
- Curse of Ultimate Doom — Inflicts impending doom upon the target, causing 500,000,000 Shadow damage after 7 min.
- Excruciating Agony — Inflicts increasing agony on the target, causing 100 damage every 2 sec. Each time Excruciating Agony deals damage, its damage increases by 15%.
- Rain of Fire — Calls down a fiery rain to burn enemies in the area of effect for 337,500 to 412,500 Fire damage over 30 sec.
- Seed of Terrible Destruction — Plants a seed of destructive power in the target, dealing 50,000 damage over 15 sec. Upon expiring, the seed will explode for an additional 30,000 damage and trigger a terrible effect.
- Annoying Imp — The seed explodes, and out pops an Annoying Imp, which perches on your shoulder.
- Annoyance — This imp is stunningly annoying.
- Backfire — The seed explodes, but releases its power into the target, empowering them with 25% increased Shadow and Fire damage done for 20 sec.
- Black Hole — The seed explodes, knocking back the target and creating a black hole where they were, which deals 30,000 damage every 1 sec, to enemies within 8 yards, and pulls them in.
- Annoying Imp — The seed explodes, and out pops an Annoying Imp, which perches on your shoulder.
- Soul Fire — Burn the enemy's soul, causing 31,500 to 38,500 Fire damage.
- Summon Wild Imps — Summon Wild Imps.
- Fel Firebolt — Fire a bolt of fel fire at the target, dealing 1,800 to 2,200 Fire damage.
- Summon Felhunters — Summon Felhunters.
- Summon Doom Lord — Summon a Doom Lord.
- Doom Bolt — Fire a bolt of doom at the target, dealing 45,000 to 55,000 Shadow damage.
- Annihilate Demons — Annihilate all nearby demons.
- Demonic Grasp — Grips the target with demonic energy.
- Eternal Banishment — Banishes an enemy Demon, Aberration or Elemental.
The encounter begins when the player places the Empowered Soulcore in the Demonic Soulwell, creating a large Demonic Gateway through which Kanrethad will arrive. Kanrethad will then taunt the player, allowing them to damage him for several seconds; unimpressed, he will begin to summon a Pit Lord through his Demonic Gateway. The Pit Lord is a level 91 elite with 20,376,600 health. The player should immediately cast on the Pit Lord when it arrives, gaining access to the demon's unique abilities which are needed to survive the encounter.
After the player has enslaved the Pit Lord, Kanrethad will direct his attention to the player and begin casting various spells in a generally random order and frequency. His Curse of Ultimate Doom acts as a soft enrage timer for the encounter, while his Excruciating Agony and Seed of Terrible Destruction should be dispelled using the Pit Lord's Fel Flame Breath. His Soul Fire casts are weak and can generally be ignored, and his Rain of Fire area of effects should be avoided when possible. He will occasionally buff himself with Aura of Omnipotence, which increases both his damage dealt and taken, and can be dispelled with the Pit Lord's Fel Flame Breath.
About one third of the way through his casting phase he will begin to cast Chaos Bolt, a potentially deadly attack which triggers a raid warning and should either be mitigated with survival abilities, avoided using line of sight, or trivialized by taking advantage of your own Demonic Gateway. Approximately two thirds of the way through his casting phase, Kanrethad will move to the center of the area and begin to channel Cataclysm, an unavoidable attack that triggers a raid warning and will kill the player if it is not interrupted using the Pit Lord's Charge ability.
Kanrethad will transition back and forth between his casting phase and summoning phase for the remainder of the encounter.
After completing a casting phase, Kanrethad will move towards his Demonic Gateway and begin to channel one of three different demon summonings; the order in which he summons these demons is fixed. Upon completing the summon he will immediately transition back into his casting phase.
Kanrethad's first and fourth summoning phases will always be to channel Summon Wild Imps, summoning three Wild Imps every .5 sec over 10 sec until a total of sixty Wild Imps have been summoned. Each Wild Imp is a level 91 elite and has 81,506 health. The player should attempt to eliminate these adds as quickly as possible using area of effect spells and the Pit Lord's Fel Flame Breath. The player may also want to make use of the Pit Lord's Charge.
Kanrethad's second and fifth summoning phases will always be to channel Summon Felhunters, summoning one Felhunter every 3 seconds over 9 seconds, for a total of three Felhunters. Each Felhunter is a level 92 elite and has 505,910 health. The Felhunters will spam Devour Enslavement, a 100 yard range frontal cone ability which can instantly dispell your Enslave Demon if they turn towards the Pit Lord, triggering a raid warning. To prevent this, the Pit Lord should be positioned away from Kanrethad's Demonic Gateway and the Felhunters should be aggroed immediately using an area of effect such as Rain of Fire; the player should burn them down as quickly as possible while taking care to ensure that they do not face the Pit Lord. It is also advisable for the player to drop aggro by using while Kanrethad is channeling the summon, so that the Pit Lord can tank Kanrethad while the player eliminates the Felhunters. The Felhunters will likely devour the player's , so it should also be recast after the phase ends.
Kanrethad's third and sixth summoning phases will always be to channel Summon Doom Lord, summoning a single Doom Lord after 10 sec. The Doom Lord is a level 92 elite with 8,431,850 health. The Doom Lord can be trivialized by banishing it or keeping it feared, or by having the Pit Lord tank them by attacking them for a few seconds and then dropping aggro using your . It is also advisable for the player to quickly dismiss and re-enslave the Pit Lord while Kanrethad is channeling the summon, in order to prevent the Enslave Demon from wearing off at an unexpected or inopportune time.
After the sixth summoning phase, Kanrethad will only summon Wild Imps for the remainder of the encounter.
Upon bringing Kanrethad to 1% health, he will cast Annihilate Demons, instantly destroying any of the demons he summoned during the encounter which may still be alive, and will stun the player with Demonic Grasp. A scripted event will take place between Kanrethad and , during which Jubeka will cast Eternal Banishment on him. The player must then right click on his banished form to learn which corrupts their fire spells with green, fel energy, and simultanously completes the scenario.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: BEHOLD! I have truly mastered the fel energies of this world! The demonic power I now command... It is indescribable, unlimited, OMNIPOTENT!
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: You think I've gone too far? There is no such thing. The Black Harvest will enslave the most powerful demons, draw on their power, and destroy all who oppose us, in this world, and on Azeroth! Do YOU mean to stop me, little one?
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: I'd like to see you try.
- Summon Pit Lord
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Hah. Your feeble attacks are entertaining. Would you like to see one of my new pets?
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The Annihilan are incredibly destructive creatures. Their sheer strength and power is absolutely unrivaled.
- Pit Lord Enslaved
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: WHAT?! Now you've angered me.
- Casting Curse of Ultimate Doom
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The clock is ticking...
- Casting Chaos Bolt
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Chaos will reign.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Chaotic energy will destroy you.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Hold still...
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Pure... CHAOS.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Chaotic magic always has the potential for unexpected results.
- Casting Cataclysm
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: CATACLYSMIC POWER!
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Deathwing had unstoppable power. And now, it is MINE.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: You cannot stop your final Cataclysm!
- Casting Excruciating Agony
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Rising Pain.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: This may seem meager at first, but give it a moment. Soon, the pain will be unbearable.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Twist in agony.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The anguish will creep up on you.
- Casting Soul Fire
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Burn.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: I'll shatter your soul!
- Casting Seed of Terrible Destruction
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Destructive forces corrupt you from the inside.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: I give you the gift of destruction!
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: I wonder what this seed will grow into?
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Terrible destruction awaits you when this seed erupts.
- Summon Wild Imps
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: If two imps are better than one imp, what's better than two imps? SIXTY IMPS.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Even the smallest demon can be valuable, in large enough numbers.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Many imps! Handle it!
- Summon Felhunters
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: While not the most powerful combatants, a pack of felhounds still has many uses.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The felhounds are always hungry for magic to devour.
- Summon Doom Lord
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Archimonde's use of the ered'ruin was brilliant. Their command of the dark energies is unparalleled.
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: The ered'ruin have had no master since Archimonde's death. Now I shall be that master.
- [Kanrethad destroys all remaining demons and roots you in place]
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Hah ha ha... You thought you could defeat me? NOTHING can kill me now, puny mortal!
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: And now, your sad tale has come to an end.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: NO!
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: Jubeka?! What are you... ?!
- [Jubeka casts Eternal Banishment on Kanrethad]
- Kanrethad Ebonlocke says: ....AUGHHHHHH!!!
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: This is only what you once asked me to do if it came to this, Kanrethad. You brought this on yourself.
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Kanrethad enveloped himself with so much fel energy that it corrupted him totally. But a small taste of his power should not be harmful. Go ahead.
- [Touching Kanrethad causes you to be raised into the air, spinning quickly in place and absorbing the fel magic, which fully corrupts all of your fire spells]
- Jubeka Shadowbreaker says: Now go, and use what you've learned. If you ever wish to have the fel energy purged from you, or reabsorb some of Kanrethad's, come to me. I'll be at the Altar of Damnation in Shadowmoon Valley, keeping him banished.
Though they do not play a direct role in the encounter, Kanrethad has assigned abilities for Burning Embers, Metamorphosis, and Soul Shards, which along with his other spells would seem to indicate that he has mastered the simultanous use of all three warlock specializations. He also uses a unique primary resource called "Fel Fury" instead of mana.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Added.