Kaz'tik the Manipulator
- For the boss encounter, see Paragons of the Klaxxi.
Alive / Killable (WoW)
Kaz'tik the Manipulator is an level 90 mantid member of The Klaxxi that can be found in Klaxxi'vess after being freed from amber in Briny Muck. Kaz'tik is a user of sonic-based magic, particularly using it to control the minds of enemies and kunchong minions. He has trained a kunchong named Kovok.
In the past, the mantid used to use force to control kunchong, but Kaz'tik realized that they were intelligent creatures and that his people didn't fully understand them. He thus bonded with a young Kovok and formed a partnership with the creature.
When Kaz'tik was chosen for encasement as a paragon, he didn't want to risk his experiment, so he studied the notes kept by Korven the Prime on his development of the preservation chamber. Kaz'tik was able to create a modified version that could preserve Kovok as well, and thus continue his experiment where he left off when he was called on by the Klaxxi in the future.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Paragons of the Klaxxi||??|
- About Kovok
- Such a beautiful creature, wouldn't you agree? Do not let his small size deceive you. Even at a young age the kunchong are lethal.
- Before my discovery the kunchong were used as weapons with little regard for their intelligence. We struggled to control them until it occurred to me that we didn't fully understand them.
- By forming a bond with the creatures we no longer needed to exert control forcefully. Instead a partnership occurred.
- Kovok was the next step in my experiment.
- Conversation with Korven the Prime
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: It is an honor to serve alongside you, Prime. I have studied your work extensively.
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: Thanks to the careful notes you kept while developing the preservation chamber, I was able to create a modified version that could preserve Kovok here as well.
- Korven the Prime says: Yes, he certainly looks... healthy.
- Korven the Prime says: I never imagined my work would go so far. It is a testament to the great power of the kypari. Our civilization would never have recovered if it weren't for them. Remember that.
- Conversation with Rik'kal the Dissector
- Rik'kal the Dissector says: That is quite an impressive beast you have there, Manipulator. Very intriguing.
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: No.
- Rik'kal the Dissector says: All those years in stasis followed by sudden, rapid growth.
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: Do not even ask.
- Rik'kal the Dissector says: I am just saying... I bet his genes tell quite a story...
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: And I am just saying, Dissector, that you do not appear to possess any resistance to sonic manipulation.
- Kaz'tik the Manipulator says: How would you like to suddenly become "intrigued" by your own thorax? I bet your skilled hands could perform a self-vivisection in mere seconds if they were properly compelled.
- Rik'kal the Dissector says: Point taken.
- Klaxxi enhancement
- The key to victory is control, Wakener. Use my skills to dominate the mind of an enemy, and turn it into an ally.
- Siege of Orgrimmar
- Main article: Paragons of the Klaxxi#Quotes
Notes and trivia
- Kaz'tik possessed the , a lost treasure found in the Dread Wastes.
- Kaz'tik uses Priest abilities like and during . If this indicates mantid can be priests, it is unknown from what divine source they draw their power from.
- Kaz'tik is voiced by Richard Horvitz in Patch 5.4.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.