Kaz the Shrieker
|This article is a PTR Patch 8.1.0 stub. You can help expand it by editing it.|
|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
|Race(s)||Orc, Mag'har orc|
|Affiliation(s)||Laughing Skull clan, Frostwolf Orcs, Mag'har, Horde|
|Relative(s)||Torg Earkeeper (mate, deceased), Cutter (son)|
Kaz the Shrieker is the presumed chieftain of the Laughing Skull clan in the alternate timeline's Gorgrond. She can later be recruited as a follower, provided a Lumber Mill has been built in Beastwatch.
Kaz the Shrieker is known for her brutality and love of burning things. She is a powerful shaman despite her madness. Though she has an openly sadistic personality, she is fiercely protective of her son Cutter and strangely loyal to the commander once recruited.
Kaz was first seen once the commander with Durotan and Draka entered the Deadgrin village attacked by goren. Once the Beastwatch camp was established, she and Draka entered the jungle's forests to search for other orcs that had been caught in the middle of the war between magnaron and genesaur. While initially suspicious of Kaz, Draka comes to respect the Laughing Skulls and admire Kaz's dedication to her family. Horrified at the vile nature of the botani (abducting children in particular), she notes their savagery is what has helped them survive in the brutal lands of Gorgrond. Once located, Kaz ordered the adventurer to kill the infected orcs and to find three particular individuals - of whom all were dead, including her mate, Torg Earkeeper. Their son, Cutter was also caught but was kept alive and immediately rescued. Her next plan was to use the sacred waters of the botani in the ensuing conflict. Kaz even comes to call Draka sister in their confrontation against the attacking genesaur Iyu, symbolizing the two clans' growing respect for one another. After Iyu's death, she participated in the attack on the northern part of Gorgrond against the Iron Horde and eventually joined the commander as a follower and left for Frostwall.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Garrison||95 - 100||82,320|
- Burn, burn, fire and burn.
- <cackling madly>
- Hm, what size skull would you say you have?
- Laughing Skull, Laughing Skull, Laughing Skull!
- Die laughing!
- Burn the bodies but keep the skulls.
- Burn burn burn burn torch and burn and cinder and burn and FIRE!
- Do you burn easily? You should probably keep more water on you. Things are going to get messy.
- I am going to BURN all those plant people to ash and then sprinkle that ash on a piece of meat and then feed that piece of meat to a boar and then set that boar ON FIRE!
- And THEN I'll get started on them.
- I have a special fire I am saving just for the genesaur. I am going to make him choke on it.
- This is Gorgrond. Here the sky, the earth and the water are all made to burn. Shall we light the first spark?
- Kaz is voiced by D.B. Cooper.
It is speculated that Kaz is the chieftain of the Laughing Skull clan. Though there is no specific mention of her being the clan's chieftain, she apparently has a certain authority given on one orc's comment (Limbflayer: "No one blows up MY village! Nobody! Except maybe Kaz. But nobody else!"). She refers to the clan as her people. In addition, Kaz is the only recruit-able follower from the Laughing Skull clan to have her own unique sound files when clicked.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.