We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|This article is a lore stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
- For the sons of Cenarius, see Keeper of the grove.
The keepers are titanic watchers who were imbued by the Pantheon with their specific likenesses and powers. They are , , , , , , , , and . These nine would lead the titan-forged armies against the Black Empire, and later create most of their lesser brethren and shape the world. Some keepers are considered to be legends and myths by other races.
The keepers led the titan-forged armies to victory against the Black Empire, stabilized the slumbering world-soul's bleeding thus creating the Well of Eternity, established Ulduar as their base of operations, created the Forge of Origination and Forge of Wills, and created more titan-forged races such as the earthen and mogu.
Dawn of the Aspects
After helped five proto-dragons — , , , , and Neltharion — to combat in Northrend, the Pantheon empowered the proto-dragons through the keepers, transforming them into the first Dragon Aspects. The keepers' leader Prime Designate Odyn objected to this because the dragons were not titan-forged, and created his own army, the Valarjar, within the Halls of Valor to in his mind better fulfill the dragons' role.
Fall of the Pantheon
When the titans of the Pantheon were slain by , cast a spell that sent their spirits flying towards Azeroth and into the keepers, but the latter could not withstand the entire might of their souls. The keepers were overwhelmed by an influx of fragmented memories and, puzzled by this, they called out to the Pantheon for answers, but never received a reply.
The corruption of by the Old God within Ulduar led to the disunity of the keepers. After Loken accidentally killed because of the Old God's influence, the wife of his brother , he was desperate to keep his actions a secret. This resulted in , , and being corrupted into complacency within Ulduar's halls, Thorim retreating to the Temple of Storms in depression, and Odyn being locked within the Halls of Valor by his adopted daughter .
Tyr and saw what was going on and confronted Loken, stealing the Discs of Norgannon before fleeing south along with their friend and several earthen, vrykul, and mechagnomes. Tyr defended the escaping party from C'thraxxi sent by Loken in what would one day be known as Tirisfal Glades, while Ironaya and Archaedas continued on to Uldaman. With the Discs of Norgannon gone, Loken created the as a false record of history to cover his tracks.
Later, , far to the south, learned that the Pantheon had died and fell into despair. He remained within the Mogu'shan Vaults for thousands of years until he was found by , who took his power and vowed to continue the titans' goals.
|This section is a lore stub.|
Other names and titles
- Many things attributed to the titans themselves in previous lore were actually the work of the keepers.
- Before Chronicle Volume 1, , , , , , and  were referred to as keepers. has also since been called a keeper, as has the . A few other titan-forged have "Keeper" in their names.
- was shown to be able to leave an avatar of herself behind which would activate in times of need, the in Sholazar Basin.
- Freya and Ra are the only living keepers who are absent from Legion. While Ra may still be in his depression caused by Aman'Thul's death, Freya's absence is less explainable and has never been commented on, even after the Burning Legion attacked Ulduar twice. Ra does appear as an image of the past during , using a new model before he was given his wounds and scars by Lei Shen.